• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Diego Maradona Dies Aged 60

football forum

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

No player in history could do what he did in the 86 World Cup. No other player could have brought the success he did to Napoli. Because of these achievements, it's why he is the greatest. he managed to do this with such a crazy lifestyle. Imagine his head was glued on all his footballing career?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Always loved watching this. So much enjoyment, freedom and love for playing. 

This video has started to and will appear loads now.

The thing about that warm up, its before a big European Semi Final, Life is Life blaring out from the speakers with the stadium filling up in anticipation and without a care in the world, he's there dancing away, completely carefree and loving life and enjoying every second, entertaining the crowd to the beat of the song.

Literally mesmerising. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The thing about that warm up, its before a big European Final, Life is Life blaring out from the speakers with the stadium filling up in anticipation and without a care in the world, he's there dancing away, enjoying every second entertaining the crowd to the beat of the song.

Literally mesmerising. 

It really is. The music on the tannoy is so fitting. He was football and football was his life (and drugs). But in that moment it's just sheer pleasure and enjoyment and soaking it all in with a football at his feet. Love it. 

57 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Oh wow. Didn't expect that even though I knew about his recent health struggles. He usually fought those off and came back stronger and crazier than before! RIP. :(

To be honest mate, he was battling with his health for years. He struggled with drug and alcohol abuse, while just earlier this month he was taken to hospital for brain surgery to remove a blood clot. I hoped for the best when I heard about his surgery earlier this month, but with the shit year we've been having with many of the ex-footballers dying, I feared the worse. In the end, all Maradona's battles with his health seemed to take its toll and he has now sadly died of a heart attack. He was a legend of a footballer and he will always be fondly remembered for his performances on the football field when he was a player.

31 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The thing about that warm up, its before a big European Final, Life is Life blaring out from the speakers with the stadium filling up in anticipation and without a care in the world, he's there dancing away, completely carefree and loving life and enjoying every second, entertaining the crowd to the beat of the song.

Literally mesmerising. 

Yes, that is a famous video clip of him and you summed up this occasion really well. Diego Maradona was the ultimate entertainer, he had so much natural talent and watching him show off his skills to the tune of Life is Life is a joy to behold. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's not all that surprising considering how he lived... but still... very sad. He's an absolute legend and IMO the best ever (sorry Pele & Messi).

Scary thing is I feel he only fulfilled and achieved around 65% of what he could have in his career.

Archived