talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Diego Maradona Dies Aged 60

football forum

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messi had partnerships with what I would call some amazing front 3's. There was Messi, Eto and Henry which did us in the 2009 final. But the front 3 of Messi, Bojan and Villa in 2011, that 2011 side was the best club side I've ever seen. That final has to be watched again, they could easily have scored at least 10 that night. A few years later there was a great front 3 of Messi, Neymar and Suarez. All the 3 different partnerships just clicked so well. All 3 were miles better than Niall Quinn and David White.

On 05/12/2020 at 14:10, MUFC said:

Messi had partnerships with what I would call some amazing front 3's. There was Messi, Eto and Henry which did us in the 2009 final. But the front 3 of Messi, Bojan and Villa in 2011, that 2011 side was the best club side I've ever seen. That final has to be watched again, they could easily have scored at least 10 that night. A few years later there was a great front 3 of Messi, Neymar and Suarez. All the 3 different partnerships just clicked so well. All 3 were miles better than Niall Quinn and David White.

It was Pedro more than Bojan that year, Bojan  was very much a squad player. 

You're right though, there have been several great trios there. The common denominator is Messi though, now is start is starting to wane you forget how good he was.

30 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

It was Pedro more than Bojan that year, Bojan  was very much a squad player. 

You're right though, there have been several great trios there. The common denominator is Messi though, now is start is starting to wane you forget how good he was.

Ah my bad, Pedro it was.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived