Reading vs Stoke, 12.30
Rotherham vs Preston
Sheff Weds vs Millwall
Watford vs Coventry

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Huffed and puffed, created some chances but simply couldn't score. Absolute smash and grab from the cunts as they scored with there only shot on target. 

Honest question, who do Cardiff see as their biggest rivals out of Swansea and Bristol City? You speak so well of both I can't tell...

6 minutes ago, tlr said:

Honest question, who do Cardiff see as their biggest rivals out of Swansea and Bristol City? You speak so well of both I can't tell...

Swansea are the main rivals for me, though Bristol City aren't too far behind. 

I've never seen it myself as they went under in the mid 80's and I don't think we've played each other since, but my old man mentioned in the past that Newport were on par with Swansea back in the day, possibly even the main rival. 

• Subscriber

Big game for us today. I had high hopes after our promising start to the season but as always our form is so inconsistent. 

We have some excellent attacking options for this level but our defence lets us down time and time again. 

Given that 6 points separate the Top 11, that is a good sign of things to come. Very open.

Watford, Norwich and Bournemouth all up there without pulling up too many trees. Brentford usually start slow but are still there or thereabouts.

Derby rock bottom. I'm assuming the Saudi's are waiting for the takeover to go through before they sack Cocu and install their man.

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Given that 6 points separate the Top 11, that is a good sign of things to come. Very open.

Watford, Norwich and Bournemouth all up there without pulling up too many trees. Brentford usually start slow but are still there or thereabouts.

Derby rock bottom. I'm assuming the Saudi's are waiting for the takeover to go through before they sack Cocu and install their man.

You just had to leave us out didn’t you and say top 11. Cunt ¬¬

Haha joking mate, the league is indeed very open! I genuinely feel like if we sorted our defence out we’d be right up there in the top few. 

We’re in 12th and still have the best goal difference in the league xD

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Adam Armstrong is the fucking man! :x

That he is.

Pleased with today. First half was a bit hit and miss - I really wish Arma would look up for help sometimes, he wasted a couple of decent chances on the break by just shooting when there were other, better options.

The second half however was exactly what we needed - Brereton continuing his post lockdown transformation into an actual footballer, two well worked moves for the other two, and most importantly, not letting our heads drop when we were dragged back level - that is huge for us given the fragile state of our defence and mindset at times.

What a player Harvey Elliot is going to be, his pass for Arma's first was superb. Shout out to Kaminski , Nyambe and Rothwell who all impressed too. Two weeks off now to recover some of the mile long injury list as well. 

Mowbray out :ph34r:

1 hour ago, JOSHBRFC said:

You just had to leave us out didn’t you and say top 11. Cunt ¬¬

Haha joking mate, the league is indeed very open! I genuinely feel like if we sorted our defence out we’d be right up there in the top few. 

We’re in 12th and still have the best goal difference in the league xD

Got a shed load of injuries too don't you? Get them back and you have a good squad there.

It definitely looks as good a chance as you've had for a while to gatecrash playoffs. I'd be worried for you if Armstrong get's injured though being honest, but if you can get to January then perhaps strengthen, there's no reason why not.

Certainly wouldn't be scared of any of those at the top.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Took him out my fantasy league squad thinking he was injured ffs. 

It was a close call I wasn’t sure whether he would make it to be honest or how he would perform if he did make it. 

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Got a shed load of injuries too don't you? Get them back and you have a good squad there.

It definitely looks as good a chance as you've had for a while to gatecrash playoffs. I'd be worried for you if Armstrong get's injured though being honest, but if you can get to January then perhaps strengthen, there's no reason why not.

Certainly wouldn't be scared of any of those at the top.

We’ve had Dack out since Boxing Day last year after that horrible knee injury. As everyone probably knows he was our main man ever since he signed for us. If he comes back it’s that old cliche of being like a new signing. He also won’t have as much pressure on his shoulders with Armstrong arguably being one of the best players in the league now. 

Ben Brereton is actually coming good too, he’s been one of our better players this season and he’s still only 21. We have some quality attacking talent. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, tlr said:

That he is.

Pleased with today. First half was a bit hit and miss - I really wish Arma would look up for help sometimes, he wasted a couple of decent chances on the break by just shooting when there were other, better options.

The second half however was exactly what we needed - Brereton continuing his post lockdown transformation into an actual footballer, two well worked moves for the other two, and most importantly, not letting our heads drop when we were dragged back level - that is huge for us given the fragile state of our defence and mindset at times.

What a player Harvey Elliot is going to be, his pass for Arma's first was superb. Shout out to Kaminski , Nyambe and Rothwell who all impressed too. Two weeks off now to recover some of the mile long injury list as well. 

Mowbray out :ph34r:

Elliot looks superb he really does. I’d love for us to be able to keep him. Imagine the next few years keeping Dack, Armstrong, Elliot, Dolan etc 

I do fear Newcastle will get Armstrong back at some point.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived