Southampton - 36
Draws - 23
Newcastle - 39

Last Meeting
07/03/2020 - Southampton 0-1 Newcastle

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Southampton 1-0 Newcastle - Friday 6th November, 2020
  • Subscriber

Newcastle baffle me because I feel like I've not seen them once play well, but their results as a general rule aren't bad. You can't keep getting that lucky can you? Yet I feel like, bar tonight, they generally do?

• The title was changed to Southampton 2-0 Newcastle - Friday 6th November, 2020
30 minutes ago, Dan said:

Newcastle baffle me because I feel like I've not seen them once play well, but their results as a general rule aren't bad. You can't keep getting that lucky can you? Yet I feel like, bar tonight, they generally do?

We've played well in the 3 wins we've had. Nothing else. No definitive style. No consistency. Everything points to 40-45 pts. No more. No less.

3 hours ago, Dan said:

3 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

We've played well in the 3 wins we've had. Nothing else. No definitive style. No consistency. Everything points to 40-45 pts. No more. No less.

Newcastle, the Werder Bremen of the prem. Except I can see us finishing with less than 40 if we keep this shit up 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Newcastle, the Werder Bremen of the prem. Except I can see us finishing with less than 40 if we keep this shit up 

Your excuse is 4 less games.

The main difference between Newcastle and Southampton is not playing personnel but management. Southampton players know their role, have a clear style that works, know how to press. We are from the 1990s school of formation is tactics and nothing more than man management is required. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived