• Wolfsburg
    • Bremen
    • Schalke
    • Augsburg
    • Mainz

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was just going to create this thread seeing as how we have about 1/3 of the season remaining.

I think the bottom two are stuck there. As for the 16th spot, I think it might be Wolfsburg, but I chose HSV as I'm not sure they have the depth to keep up this good streak.

I'm heading over for the Schalke v Hamburg game on 13 May. I'm hoping Schalke will be well clear of trouble  and just enjoying their last match at home for the season, whilst I think Hamburg may finally see Lady Luck desert them and a playoff relegation place will be confirmed. 

They cant keep escaping can they??

2 hours ago, trago said:

They cant keep escaping can they??

It's Hamburg. They'll stay up even if it's decided by an own-goal in the 95th minute of their last relegation play-off match. 

24. Spieltag - Relegation Battle
(All teams within 6 points of being in the Relegation Play-off )

Friday, March 10, 2017
Bayer Leverkusen vs WERDER BREMEN

Saturday, March 11, 2017
DARMSTADT vs MAINZ 05
RB Leipzig vs WOLFSBURG
INGOLSTADT vs Köln

Sunday, March 12, 2017
SCHALKE 04 vs AUGSBURG
HAMBURGER SV vs Borussia Mönchengladbach

---------------------------------------------
RELEGATION CONTENDER | RELEGATION PLAY-OFF SPOT | AUTOMATIC RELEGATION

Capture.JPG.69a5db461356a04af97d0ae20b11de31.JPG

- So, which team will do themselves a favor. Who will the 2 matches between teams that are fighting for survival?

On 3/6/2017 at 9:30 PM, Cannabis said:

As someone who sporadically watches the Bundesliga how have Wolfsburg and Schalke managed to fall so far down the pecking order? It was only 2014 that we were whipping them 4-1 in the Europa League. 

In adition to being whipped by you they won the cup, whipped Bayern 4-1 and came second in the Bundesliga. Wolfsburg were hit quite bad by the fall from grace of their owners Volkswagen, and they really never managed to replace de Breune. I guess the atmosphere in general at the club is not the best, not being helped by Draxler's moaning and  his bad relationship to the fans, plus the uncertainty of the future of many of their star players. They still have a decent squad and are under-performing.

As for Schalke, I guess there has been a gradual decline with to many bad or mediocre signings + a lot of chief coaches being sacked perhaps due to too high expectations. Last season they came fifth, which was a good season with they squad they have, but still sacked their coach.

In general the Bundesliga is a very even league behind Bayern and you easily slip down the table if you are off form. This season in particular Hertha and Köln are continuing their stable good form of the last couple of seasons, Frankfurt are like Hertha and Köln being defensively stable and hard to beat, Hoffenheim are playing great with the boy genius at the helm, and Red Bull gives you wings. The established contenders for European spots have not been able to respond.

I think that even more than Schalke and Wolfsburg Leverkusen and Gladbach are underperforming by being mid-table (Gladbach finding their form now though). Only BVB and Bayern with better squads the way I see it.         

25. Spieltag - Relegation Battle
(All teams within 6 points of being in the Relegation Play-off )

Friday, March 17, 2017
Borussia Dortmund - INGOLSTADT

Saturday, March 18, 2017
WOLFSBURG - DARMSTADT
AUGSBURG - Freiburg
WERDER BREMEN - RB Leipzig
Hoffenheim - BAYER LEVERKUSEN
Eintract Frankfurt - HAMBURGER SV

Sunday, March 19, 2017
MAINZ 05 - SCHALKE 04
BORUSSIA MONCHENGLADBACH
 - Bayern Munich