talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vinicius Junior Signs for Real Madrid

football forum

16 year old from Flamengo has signed for los merengues, according to many sources. 

According to Futbol AS, Real are paying 46M. Vinicius is a superb talent but its completely daft to pay that much for a 16 year old. If I'm correct he just made his professional debut 2 weeks ago. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The price is absolutely mental and has shocked many all over the place.  I don't know too much about him but apparently he is a talent...

He was the best player in the U17 Sudamericano this year and also racked up the top scorer award. However you can never assure a 16 year old would get to be a world class player. I would pay 46 million at 18 or 19 depending on what he shows for his clubs but not a 16 year old.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

He was the best player in the U17 Sudamericano this year and also racked up the top scorer award. However you can never assure a 16 year old would get to be a world class player. I would pay 46 million at 18 or 19 depending on what he shows for his clubs but not a 16 year old.

They done the same thing with Robinho (although not at that age) and the worst case ever was Denilson by Real Betis at the time.

But football is like this now because the only reason prices for these types of young talents used to be almost cheap on the whole was because there were very few football clubs with a top quality scouting network.  These days every decent club has a decent outing department and not only that...  They steal info from each other and come in like vultures.

Like I said...  I don't know all that much about him but I have been hearing of various European clubs interested in him for over 8 or 9 months which tells you a few things.  Real Madrid at the time weren't even linked on the network until about 3 weeks ago.

13 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

16 year old from Flamengo has signed for los merengues, according to many sources. 

According to Futbol AS, Real are paying 46M. Vinicius is a superb talent but its completely daft to pay that much for a 16 year old. If I'm correct he just made his professional debut 2 weeks ago. 

Latest figure is £39m. Absolutely atrocious.

Ødegaard

What it took to take him there shows how hit and miss these things are

But then again, what about if he turns out to be a Messi like coup? Obviously Messi is unique but I mean in the sense of a massive influence. 

Just now, Asura said:

So he is expensive than what Sanchez costed Arsenal. This Flamengo club must be the Chelsea of south america 

Flamengo are the 'biggest' club in Brazil.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Imagine if Vinicius was Paraguayan and Bolivian. Madrid wouldn't dare pay that much if he was that.

why? whats the rift between madrid and paraguay/bolivia?

1 minute ago, Asura said:

why? whats the rift between madrid and paraguay/bolivia?

Bolivia and Paraguay are nowhere near as big football nations as Brazil, so if one of those single handedly led Bolivia/Paraguay to a U17 Sudamericano victory or other tournaments, that wouldn't matter. Simply being from those 2 nations and at that price is a massive put off for Real Madrid and it hurts the CV. Some people like to doubt this rumour but unfortunately discrimination in football does very much exist. Sergio Diaz didn't cost Madrid 46 million and if he was Brazilian, he like would have and Madrid would have still fallen for the bait.

15 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Bolivia and Paraguay are nowhere near as big football nations as Brazil, so if one of those single handedly led Bolivia/Paraguay to a U17 Sudamericano victory or other tournaments, that wouldn't matter. Simply being from those 2 nations and at that price is a massive put off for Real Madrid and it hurts the CV. Some people like to doubt this rumour but unfortunately discrimination in football does very much exist. Sergio Diaz didn't cost Madrid 46 million and if he was Brazilian, he like would have and Madrid would have still fallen for the bait.

In other words, are you saying they cant market the player enough because he is from a "smaller" footballing country?

Just now, Asura said:

In other words, are you saying they cant market the player enough because he is from a "smaller" footballing country?

I'm saying that if he was at that price but was from a smaller footballing nation, Madrid wouldn't pay up because simply being from those 2 nations hurts your CV. Its unfortunate discrimination but it very much exists in the game.

OR it is because Real Madrid know it's easier to fleece a Peruvian team than a Brazilian team and the odds of a world class talent coming from Flamengo are higher than Universitario de Deportes so it's good to have a working relation with Brazilian clubs.

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'm saying that if he was at that price but was from a smaller footballing nation, Madrid wouldn't pay up because simply being from those 2 nations hurts your CV. Its unfortunate discrimination but it very much exists in the game.

I understood that mate but what exactly do you mean by hurting the CV? I thought since its from a smaller nation they cant market the player much? Isnt that what you are saying?

9 minutes ago, Asura said:

I understood that mate but what exactly do you mean by hurting the CV? I thought since its from a smaller nation they cant market the player much? Isnt that what you are saying?

I'm using Vinicius Juniors example. If he was another nationality that isn't Argentinian and did just as well in the U17 sudamericano and other youth tournaments, simply being from X nation would mean that Madrid wouldn't pay that much for the player. Because he is Brazilian, they will.

2 hours ago, Spike said:

OR it is because Real Madrid know it's easier to fleece a Peruvian team than a Brazilian team and the odds of a world class talent coming from Flamengo are higher than Universitario de Deportes so it's good to have a working relation with Brazilian clubs.

I just saw this. This is true, yes. The facilities are better in Brazil and Argentina than the rest of the continent BUT my example we exchanged the same player Vinicius Junior to a Bolivian playing for Oriente Petrolero, they wouldn't sign him for that price. Same with him being Paraguayan. There's more chance he'll sign for Madrid if he's from the latter nation just like Sergio Diaz did, but it wouldn't be for that price. Not just because a club like Oriente Petrolero or Club Olimpia wouldn't demand such madness (another story) but also because Real Madrid wouldn't pay that much unless they are from a world cup winning nation. Odegaard and Diaz were nowhere near the price.

Also, on Universitario. Don't even get me started. We are the worst negotiatiors on earth. Lost Miguel Trauco, Raul Ruidiaz and Edison Flores (our 3 best, all Peru internationals) on free transfers because of our incompetence. We were supposed to sell them for profit and didn't make a penny off of them. I can't see this changing in the future.

Interesting debate going on here...

I think there's a little bit of everything with this one.  First of all there's status and the same goes for Europe, which means that nobody's actually getting raped because of culture or race...  Small clubs in Europe get raped price wise as much as small clubs in Latin American countries do.  That's status!  With status, you have theoretical power even if you aren't as financially powerful as those sniffing around all the time with more money than you.  Without a doubt Brazil and Argentina lead the way in Latin America because of their overall pedigree in football.  You can't deny both those countries of that status because they've earned it throughout history.

Finally...  In my personal opinion if Perú, Paraguay, Panamá or Costa Rica produce a wonderkid....  A verified wonderkid!  There would be a general consensus in either of the countries mentioned that the most important thing for that player is to go to one of the European giants be it whoever it may be.  You would almost believe that the government of said country would put pressure on the club that owns the kid to sell him for cheap or at least not put up so much resistance.  Imagine that kid grows up to be a world beater?  That actually benefits the country he is from in the way football is mass marketed these days.

These are the type of deals that makes you think that football is absolutely gone. How on earth can a young lad like that who's played only a couple of games be worth so much?!

1 hour ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Overpriced but they only payed 6 mil for casemiro and 3.5 mil for asensio, both quality players. 48.5 mil for those three is not that bad of a deal. Barca paid 70+ mil for two bench-warmers alcacer and gomes.:bye:

Barça did overpay for Alcácer and André Gomes with hindsight. Are you related to Gary Neville?

But they were signed as stars of their former clubs and not as an adolescent that's had a great youth tournament. The comparisons are ridiculous and very silly to be honest.

Also, you can't add Moon Face (who is crap for the record) and Asensio (top player and very cheap) as the reason behind spending a fortune on an experiment. 

Archived