14/02/2020 - Wolves 0-0 Leicester

Last Fixture
11/08/2019 - Leicester 0-0 Wolves

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Wolves must hate VAR against us xD

Under the rules it's a penalty but still harsh given the speed Praet crosses it. But Kilman's arm is out by the side of his body :what:

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'll take it after the ones we had against us last season but I don't agree with it. It's not good for the game.

We need to stick to this part of this statement. The fight against diving was lost because it turned into "yeah the player on my team dived but that makes up for the time that other player dived against us". That fight is now lost.

This handball rule is beyond embarrassing. There should be a really high bar for deciding what's deliberate handball, not one that's basically on the floor.

Just now, Stan said:

All legit though. 

Yeah I agree tbh, well at least all the ones I’ve seen - I’ve not watched every Leicester match this season, just looks weird xD

And I’ve been playing a lot of Among Us so I keep calling things sus habitually 

• Administrator

Tough win in the end but defensive performance validated it somewhat. Kasper's save was ridiculous. 

Fofana is absolutely superb. Very organised, good positional sense and quality at tackling. Deserved the clean sheet today. 

Fuchs & Albrighton delivering again despite their age. 

Expected more from Wolves first half. Didn't threaten us at all. 

Three more points and keep our form and momentum up. Players deserve the break now. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Have I read that right? Leicester have had 8 penalties this season?

40% of their goals have come from penalties 

Since the start of last season 21% of Premier League penalties have been taken by Vardy or Manchester United 

Scandalous 

• The title was changed to Leicester City 1-0 Wolves - Sunday 8th November, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Danny said:

Fuck me Leicester are top? Watching you lot post on here this season you’d think you’re midtable 😅

Last few weeks we've been fine I'll have you know. Purely coincidence it ties in with winning 6 in a row :ph34r:

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Football has degenerated to a point where kicking the ball at opposition players in the box is a valid tactic. Fuck this. 

I've been slated a lot for this but I didn't like our penalty earlier and think it's just gotten completely out of hand (no pun intended) as regard to the awarding of penalties. The ref made the correct decision based on the rules this year but I think once again the rules have been changed based on theory rather than practice and in practice we're seeing absolutely zero common sense applied. The ball got booted at Kilman from about 5 yards away. I have no idea what he's meant to do.

This season so far there have been 43 penalties. In 1998/99 there were 56 in the entire season - this season is a fifth of the way through it. We're on course for nearly three times as many penalties as there were just three years ago. They're changing the rules to encourage more penalties, to encourage more bonkers scorelines. I hate it and think it totally misses the concept of why football is so great. It's not like an American sport with stupidly high scores, the beauty is it's hard to score.

6 hours ago, Danny said:

Fuck me Leicester are top? Watching you lot post on here this season you’d think you’re midtable 😅

In our defence the table is very tight so we were actually in midtable not long ago, and when we've had so many injuries I think it's natural to expect our results to dip a bit. The fact we've won 6 in a row in all competitions, missing the players we are is amazing really. We've had some fortune on occasion but Rodgers is doing a superb job this year so far.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dan said:

I've been slated a lot for this but I didn't like our penalty earlier and think it's just gotten completely out of hand (no pun intended) as regard to the awarding of penalties. The ref made the correct decision based on the rules this year but I think once again the rules have been changed based on theory rather than practice and in practice we're seeing absolutely zero common sense applied. The ball got booted at Kilman from about 5 yards away. I have no idea what he's meant to do.

This season so far there have been 43 penalties. In 1998/99 there were 56 in the entire season - this season is a fifth of the way through it. We're on course for nearly three times as many penalties as there were just three years ago. They're changing the rules to encourage more penalties, to encourage more bonkers scorelines. I hate it and think it totally misses the concept of why football is so great. It's not like an American sport with stupidly high scores, the beauty is it's hard to score.

In our defence the table is very tight so we were actually in midtable not long ago, and when we've had so many injuries I think it's natural to expect our results to dip a bit. The fact we've won 6 in a row in all competitions, missing the players we are is amazing really. We've had some fortune on occasion but Rodgers is doing a superb job this year so far.

I don't think they've done it to purposely do this. It's just a by-product of implementing it. 

Archived