Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Man City 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 8th November, 2020

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png      VS     155.png

Head to Head Record
Man City - 47
Draws - 48
Liverpool - 90

Last Meeting
02/07/2020 - Man City 4-0 Liverpool

I'm backing Liverpool here unfortunately. Not been impressed by City this season. They've won most games in second gear but not shown much evidence that they've got much more to go to beyond that.

Liverpool have struggled more defensively even before Van Dijk was injured but part of that was down to Adrian in goal, and in the other two thirds of the pitch it's been pretty much business as usual for them.

If City get the first goal though, I reckon they'll win.

I will nail my colours to the mast here and say I fancy City to win.

I feel it's a game they really have to win too to ensure Liverpool don't build up any further momentum.

They have tightened up the back with Diaz and Laporte together and whilst the goals haven't been free flowing, they have had to get through weeks without a recognised striker.

Sunday they should have Jesus starting centrally rather than using a makeshift forward, meaning Sterling, KDB and Foden will be exactly where Pep want's them to be.

I think they'll edge it 2-1.

This one is always tough to predict. Without Virgil at the back, I can't say that I'm confident we'll keep goals out against this attack. I just hope we can get at their defense better than they can get at ours.

Score draw or one team winning it 4-3. Just how mad this season is that it's bound to live up to expectations with all the good players on show. I hope so anyway.

Could be anything.

Certainly a must not lose for City though, even at this early stage

Backing us to win here. Not been impressed by City at all. 

1-3

Lot of clamour for Jota to get the nod but I don't see it, Firmino really does provide something essential to the side, even if his goalscoring has dropped. Jota will eventually replace him I'm sure but against the best opposition they're likely to face I think Firmino will provide that key understanding with Mane/Salah which can produce space for goals.

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Lot of clamour for Jota to get the nod but I don't see it, Firmino really does provide something essential to the side, even if his goalscoring has dropped. Jota will eventually replace him I'm sure but against the best opposition they're likely to face I think Firmino will provide that key understanding with Mane/Salah which can produce space for goals.

I agree to a point although I think having three players capable of running in behind could be the way to beat these

• Upvote 1

All really depends on who ends up in midfield tonight. They have to stop KDB from getting into rhythm and be able to push the balls wide to allow Trent or Robbo to link with the front three. In the end I think we'll win, narrowly but we'll win.

Am going for a a Liverpool win or a draw, but if Gomez starts I'll favor City in a close game.

We haven't got going yet this season but our defence has been better with Dias & Laporte, Walker is in the form of his life and Cancelo has impressed at LB ..good to have Jesus back too

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We haven't got going yet this season but our defence has been better with Dias & Laporte, Walker is in the form of his life and Cancelo has impressed at LB ..good to have Jesus back too

You definitely miss David Silva. De Bruyne seems to do so, anyway. That one player who can perform about 2 or 3 levels above everyone else and understand what's needed in a game whether you're playing well or not. 

18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Resurrection?

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

You definitely miss David Silva. De Bruyne seems to do so, anyway. That one player who can perform about 2 or 3 levels above everyone else and understand what's needed in a game whether you're playing well or not. 

We do, his link up play and vision might be whats missing

35 minutes ago, MUFC said:

Resurrection?

He's nailed on to score when he gets on the end of a cross! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Firmin and Jota start. With Salah and Mane. Seems like that could go one of two ways.

Think it was Sheffield United we did that against before and it didn't look too clever. You lose so much from Salah in build up by playing him up top, but hopefully City give us enough space in behind that he can make up for it in that phase

Peps gone with

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Laporte - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Gundogan

Torres - Jesus - Sterling

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

City will get obliterated. 

It’s possible but it Manchester City can retain the ball in midfield then there isn’t that much of a shield for Liverpool’s defence. A brace exciting call by klopp though.

Did not expect him to go with the four of them in this game

2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Think it was Sheffield United we did that against before and it didn't look too clever. You lose so much from Salah in build up by playing him up top, but hopefully City give us enough space in behind that he can make up for it in that phase

Completely different game though isn't it, like you say there will be more space. Do we think it's Jota through the middle like he did in the week?

5 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Foden will come on and score the winner

Foden won’t be on the goal sheet unless the score is 4 or 5 to City already :ph34r:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Peps gone with

Ederson

Walker - Dias - Laporte - Cancelo

De Bruyne - Rodrigo - Gundogan

Torres - Jesus - Sterling

The dream team at the back, solid ball retaining midfield with the attacking flair of the front 3  ..hope Liverpool can at least make a game of it as it looks like they will get hammered on paper like last time they played us

i dont like all four playing. Way too attack minded against a team like City, especially when missing defensively solid players like VVD and Fabinho.

Not looking forward to this.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

i dont like all four playing. Way too attack minded against a team like City, especially when missing defensively solid players like VVD and Fabinho.

Not looking forward to this.

That's why i think you will get hammered, especially now we have a defense this season too