• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 8th November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I'm backing Liverpool here unfortunately. Not been impressed by City this season. They've won most games in second gear but not shown much evidence that they've got much more to go to beyond that.

Liverpool have struggled more defensively even before Van Dijk was injured but part of that was down to Adrian in goal, and in the other two thirds of the pitch it's been pretty much business as usual for them.

If City get the first goal though, I reckon they'll win.

I will nail my colours to the mast here and say I fancy City to win.

I feel it's a game they really have to win too to ensure Liverpool don't build up any further momentum.

They have tightened up the back with Diaz and Laporte together and whilst the goals haven't been free flowing, they have had to get through weeks without a recognised striker.

Sunday they should have Jesus starting centrally rather than using a makeshift forward, meaning Sterling, KDB and Foden will be exactly where Pep want's them to be.

I think they'll edge it 2-1.

• Administrator

Score draw or one team winning it 4-3. Just how mad this season is that it's bound to live up to expectations with all the good players on show. I hope so anyway.

Lot of clamour for Jota to get the nod but I don't see it, Firmino really does provide something essential to the side, even if his goalscoring has dropped. Jota will eventually replace him I'm sure but against the best opposition they're likely to face I think Firmino will provide that key understanding with Mane/Salah which can produce space for goals.

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Lot of clamour for Jota to get the nod but I don't see it, Firmino really does provide something essential to the side, even if his goalscoring has dropped. Jota will eventually replace him I'm sure but against the best opposition they're likely to face I think Firmino will provide that key understanding with Mane/Salah which can produce space for goals.

I agree to a point although I think having three players capable of running in behind could be the way to beat these

• Subscriber

All really depends on who ends up in midfield tonight. They have to stop KDB from getting into rhythm and be able to push the balls wide to allow Trent or Robbo to link with the front three. In the end I think we'll win, narrowly but we'll win.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We haven't got going yet this season but our defence has been better with Dias & Laporte, Walker is in the form of his life and Cancelo has impressed at LB ..good to have Jesus back too

You definitely miss David Silva. De Bruyne seems to do so, anyway. That one player who can perform about 2 or 3 levels above everyone else and understand what's needed in a game whether you're playing well or not. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We haven't got going yet this season but our defence has been better with Dias & Laporte, Walker is in the form of his life and Cancelo has impressed at LB ..good to have Jesus back too

Resurrection?

43 minutes ago, Stan said:

You definitely miss David Silva. De Bruyne seems to do so, anyway. That one player who can perform about 2 or 3 levels above everyone else and understand what's needed in a game whether you're playing well or not. 

We do, his link up play and vision might be whats missing

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Firmin and Jota start. With Salah and Mane. Seems like that could go one of two ways.

Think it was Sheffield United we did that against before and it didn't look too clever. You lose so much from Salah in build up by playing him up top, but hopefully City give us enough space in behind that he can make up for it in that phase

• The title was changed to Man City 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 8th November, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived