• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 8th November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Inverted said:

City players seem to be in this habit where they call for a borderline decision, like you just do out of habit but without any real expectation, but then if they don't get it they take it mentally as if it was a stonewaller, and lose their heads for a few moments. 

It's Guardiola's Barca DNA. Never seen a bigger load of victims in my life

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Yours wasn't a pen neither is this.

The palpable glee from the SKY commentators is an absolute disgrace.

Which match are you watching? Neville and Carragher both slating that decision. Tyler is just bigging up the drama.

They need to fix that rule but it's not as ridiculous as some of the others we've seen e.g. Lindelof vs Crystal Palace, the one we got against Palace, the one in the game earlier on. Gomez was facing the ball and it wasn't twatted at him from a yard away. Still a harsh penalty. Stinker from Kevin de Bruyne though.

• Subscriber

I actually thought both the Leicester one and even more so that Gomez one were pens even before. Look at the distance that ball travelled to Gomez, he stuck his arm out and blocked the cross getting in. Kilman was a bit more unlucky cause it was so close to him but tbh think it’s a pen also 

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Which match are you watching? Neville and Carragher both slating that decision. Tyler is just bigging up the drama.

They need to fix that rule but it's not as ridiculous as some of the others we've seen e.g. Lindelof vs Crystal Palace, the one we got against Palace, the one in the game earlier on. Gomez was facing the ball and it wasn't twatted at him from a yard away. Still a harsh penalty. Stinker from Kevin de Bruyne though.

Tyler audibly sighed when De Bruyne missed. Sorry but people rant on, fairly, about the bias of the of co commentators but I've never heard of another main commentator show their dislike of a football club so obviously like Tyler does with Liverpool. 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Tyler audibly sighed when De Bruyne missed. Sorry but people rant on, fairly, about the bias of the of co commentators but I've never heard of another commentator show their dislike of a football club so obviously like Tyler does with Liverpool. 

Aye but him aside the other commentators were ripping it to bits. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

This handball law was intended to stop defenders putting their arms in the way of the ball and claiming plausible deniability (or at least punish them for it). It's certainly done that, but really how much of a problem was that before the change?

It was less of a problem than it is now, that much is clear. They've seen something that didn't really need changing but they reckon they can now turn into a black and white rule because they have VAR and they don't trust the common sense of the referees on the pitch. Steep learning curve for whoever it is that actually make these decisions.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Tyler audibly sighed when De Bruyne missed. Sorry but people rant on, fairly, about the bias of the of co commentators but I've never heard of another main commentator show their dislike of a football club so obviously like Tyler does with Liverpool. 

Well Tyler does my head in with his senile puns so you won't see any protestations from me if he gets booted out.

7 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Nothing will ever beat his delight the day Martial scored on his debut against us. The man was almost crying with joy.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nothing will ever beat his delight the day Martial scored on his debut against us. The man was almost crying with joy.

I remember that. Almost jizzed on his mic. Weirdly, that goal gets remembered more, even though Benteke's goal was by far the better. 

10 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Coming from a Liverpool fan, that's hilarious! xD  ..if a pigeon died on the pitch you would light a candle:rofl:

Yeah, that's my point. We get called victims all the time but it's institutionalised at Barcelona and now City as well. City's actual board put out a statement whining about a UEFA conspiracy. Tinfoil hat stuff

• The title was changed to Man City 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 8th November, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived