Leeds United Discussion

football forum

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eco said:

You are literally talking to yourself. 

What the fuck is wrong with you? 

I GENUINELY hated that statement, which, to me, reeked of arrogance and entitlement.

And I'm genuinely chuffed they choked. Miserably.

1 hour ago, Michael Simeonovitch said:

I GENUINELY hated that statement, which, to me, reeked of arrogance and entitlement.

And I'm genuinely chuffed they choked. Miserably.

You are a pretty vile human, TBH.

10 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Why? Someone has to lose. 

Oh, it has little to do with what was said on here. He's the king of spouting shit that is wrong and highly inaccurate, particularly in the Serie A forum. 

Quoting yourself and essentially calling yourself 'egoist prick' is pretty dire. 

13 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Why? Someone has to lose. 

...and another prime example, by not doing his homework, only reading headlines. As in that article, here is the EXACT quote...

They were sitting 3rd when he said this exact quote. This is AMG at his finest here. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I've had a two week break, yes it still hurts (couldn't watch the playoff final at all) and I do wonder if we've blown the best chance we're ever going to get...but Marcelo is staying and it's the first time in ages we'll start the new season with the same coach as the previous one. 

The biggest test for us will be keeping the vultures away from our players, especially the youngsters.

But you have to think we can't be as unlucky as we were this season, particularly with injuries. And with some strengthening in the right areas along with more talent to be brought in from our successful academy, there is reason for optimism.

We go again.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Ok I've had a two week break, yes it still hurts (couldn't watch the playoff final at all) and I do wonder if we've blown the best chance we're ever going to get...but Marcelo is staying and it's the first time in ages we'll start the new season with the same coach as the previous one. 

The biggest test for us will be keeping the vultures away from our players, especially the youngsters.

But you have to think we can't be as unlucky as we were this season, particularly with injuries. And with some strengthening in the right areas along with more talent to be brought in from our successful academy, there is reason for optimism.

We go again.

Given you got so close with injuries and youngsters who were probably out of their depth anyway, keeping Bielsa only gives you equal, if not more, hope that you can go one step further and get promted next season. The foundations are obviously there for a successful season. There's literally no negative to Bielsa staying on.

• 1 month later...

Big fallout behind the scenes between Pontus Jansson and the club. He is off.

Worst part about it? He's being flogged for £5.5m.

This is a guy who is in his prime, Swedish International, PFA Team of the Year last season, been one of our best players the last few seasons and we are selling him for absolute peanuts.

Gutted that he is going because for me he's in the top bracket in his position in this league, the fans love him to bits, and he can handle playing for this club. He get's it.

So for us to sell at that price...its absolutely shocking from the club and salt in the wound.

Not only that, how on earth do you replace someone of that quality when you aren't in a strong, financial position?

We never get good fee's for players we sell historically, which frustrates me. I just don't understand why we sell them so cheaply?

For example, Brentford on the verge of selling one of their CB's for nearly £12m and whilst young, he's not in Jansson's category?? Not yet anyway. But thats an example of a club playing hardball and doing good buisness to one that's not.

I have to say, this one particularly needs explaining and the club need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Lucas said:

Big fallout behind the scenes between Pontus Jansson and the club. He is off.

Worst part about it? He's being flogged for £5.5m.

This is a guy who is in his prime, Swedish International, PFA Team of the Year last season, been one of our best players the last few seasons and we are selling him for absolute peanuts.

Gutted that he is going because for me he's in the top bracket in his position in this league, the fans love him to bits, and he can handle playing for this club. He get's it.

So for us to sell at that price...its absolutely shocking from the club and salt in the wound.

Not only that, how on earth do you replace someone of that quality when you aren't in a strong, financial position?

We never get good fee's for players we sell historically, which frustrates me. I just don't understand why we sell them so cheaply?

For example, Brentford on the verge of selling one of their CB's for nearly £12m and whilst young, he's not in Jansson's category?? Not yet anyway. But thats an example of a club playing hardball and doing good buisness to one that's not.

I have to say, this one particularly needs explaining and the club need to take a long, hard look at themselves.

Ironic you mention Brentford as that's who he's apparently going to, which I find utterly astounding from Leeds - I see them as one of your biggest rivals this season. When I saw he was going I assumed it would be a Brighton or a Villa. Could not believe it was Brentford.

I just posted in the transfer rumour thread without seeing this

This would be a massive statement of intent from us, owner clearly wants Premier League football next season for the new stadium

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

I just posted in the transfer rumour thread without seeing this

This would be a massive statement of intent from us, owner clearly wants Premier League football next season for the new stadium

Genuinely considering sticking a good bit on you to go up this year. Really fancy it to happen.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Genuinely considering sticking a good bit on you to go up this year. Really fancy it to happen.

I feel like this won’t be the first time you’ve jinxed us

Jansson reckons Leeds sold him to comply with FFP. I’ve read a bit about Bielsa preferring Beradi (think that’s him?) and preciously dropping Jansson for him before he was injured.

Leeds fans not happy but it seems Bielsa had this in mind for a while

I have heard a shed load of stories the past few days. Of course, you can never know for sure what is categorically true.

What we do know is Jansson never wanted to leave but it was decided it was in the clubs and his best interests.

He did not go for FFP reasons. Had that been the case, Leeds would have been holding out for as much as they could get. His sale wasn't financially essential. Jack Clarke was sold for that reason.

The plan fact is, they wanted him gone from the dressing room and at any cost. They took a hit on his transfer fee to get him gone at all costs.

It appears as though he fell out with a lot of players last season. He has fallen out with players before like Kyle Bartley when they played together, but that was put down to Pontus being a passionate man and sometimes players not seeing eye to eye. Always been a fan favourite and so can do no wrong.

Last season, he has been accused of falling out with 4 players last season over separate arguments. 

It started with constant arguements and blaming the young keeper Bailey Peacock Farrell who was guilty of a few errors. But his actions were seen as negative for team morale. BPF form got worse which led to Leeds bringing in Casilla from Madrid in January.

At least four different sources have come out confirming this and saying Pontus was very different behind the scenes. It was more about the Pontus Jansson show than Leeds United.

Big fallouts with the team after Stoke and Sheff Utd defeats. Accused him of playing up to the cameras. Not shouldering blame in defeat.

I don't think the incident with the Villa goal went down well with Bielsa either.

He was dropped for the playoff semi finals after Ipswich on the last day for losing it with Casilla the keeper and this sparked a team arguement.

Bielsa purposely did not bring him on against Derby in either playoff leg. That probably bit us in the arse as we'd never have capitulated like that with him on the pitch but that was the manager's decision.

Pontus was told to stay away from the club when the players reported back for pre season and was forced to train at Malmo, his hometown club.

Pontus was told he'd be sold and wanted a PL move but there were no offers.

His wife wanted to move to London and rumour soon got round of his availability. Presumably from Leeds or the players agent, who is his brother.

Brentford as well as two more clubs made offers, but it was Brentford who he chose. Being in London and by all accounts, their coach made the best effort to get him. Really wanted him.

Rather than wait, he decided to take the opportunity at Brentford because they are a good club on the up. Biggest thing he wanted was to stay in England.

It's a shame that this happened. I couldn't fault Jansson for what he gave to us on the pitch. I certainly won't turn on him as some fans have. He always gave his best for me. Yes he is a hot head but sometimes you need those characters.

He got what it was like to play for Leeds. I love Bielsa and he is the man in charge, I trust in his methods although I won't always agree with him. I wish we could have found a better resolution for the club than this because we have lost an important player and lost a chunk of money.

Tyrone Mings going for over £20m yesterday to Villa. Tyrone Mings. Ok, solid for Villa but 4 times the player of Jansson? No way.

Unfortunately for him, Bielsa is all about the team, no individuals. He is very particular what he wants. Bittom line, he was happy to see him go for the sake of team morale.

Will be very interesting when we come up against him and I'm sure more will come out in time but for now, the nuts and bolts of it is, we have lost a big player and Brentford have gained one in a Black Friday sale.

I hope we find a more than adequate replacement but they are big boots to fill.

I wish him luck.

Archived