talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds United Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, Any O'Brien said:

Hope they stay up and that he stays, he's a breath of fresh air for Hull and to an extent the league, much prefer him to the usual cycle of absolute fucking charlatans that somehow get job after job despite being fucking useless.

Pretty much this. Alan Pardew I'm sure will end up back in the Prem at some point, give it a year for Steve Bruce. Then you've got Pulis and Allardyce and fair play to those two as they're rarely sacked through relegation or for doing a bad job, but neither are that exciting.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Danny said:

Pretty much this. Alan Pardew I'm sure will end up back in the Prem at some point, give it a year for Steve Bruce. Then you've got Pulis and Allardyce and fair play to those two as they're rarely sacked through relegation or for doing a bad job, but neither are that exciting.

Mark Hughes seemingly in a job for life at Stoke for keeping them mid table for the past 3 years zzz.

He's as good as gone. With his contract being up, the problems at levels above him, and his continental reputation he will be off to a more cushty club sooner rather than later.

Hull City are in trouble if they survive or not under current ownership. The constant asset stripping makes it miraculous they're still where they are. The players have been admirable this season but of us, Swansea and Hull City I hope it's the latter that go down because whilst Palace and Swansea should improve I don't see what Hull can offer in The Premiership next season.

• Subscriber

Yeah I do think if Hull stay up this year they'll be dropping next year. They have surprised me this year but they will get picked apart in the summer.

17 hours ago, Danny said:

Must have missed this. The only two times I've been excited at Palace have been through Pulis and Allardyce. It's a shame the latter still doesn't manage England because I've been really impressed with his knowledge and forward thinking in regards to sports science, technology etc.

1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Must have missed this. The only two times I've been excited at Palace have been through Pulis and Allardyce. It's a shame the latter still doesn't manage England because I've been really impressed with his knowledge and forward thinking in regards to sports science, technology etc.

You dont exactly have a good track record of managers at Palace though, everyone else tries to relegate you :ph34r:

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Did you not have a bit of initial excitement at Pardew? Or was it just an attempt to wind up the Geordies xD

I read Allardyce's book and it's actually a very decent read. My opinion of him went up after reading it. Sure enough within about two days of finishing it that scandal comes out.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Did you not have a bit of initial excitement at Pardew? Or was it just an attempt to wind up the Geordies xD

That was a combination of both xD it weren't until I was thinking of players we need to replace this summer I realised how much he fucked up.

• Administrator

If Cellino sacked Monk it would be the ultimate in myopic stupidity. But perhaps Monk is better off away from Leeds full stop given the clubs ownership  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Monk has signed a year extension so that's at least 1 good bit of news. 

Just gotta make sure they get the right person in now. It's half the battle getting rid of the corrupt regime, another getting someone in who's gonna take the club forward in the right way and invest in the club intelligently. 

Whether or not it's the right person buying the club, I find it very hard to believe that they'll be any worse than that clown Cellino.

It'll help the whole feel of the club, Monk will feel more secure, fans will find a new lease of life.

I hope they do well next season.

• The title was changed to Massimo Cellino Sells Leeds To Andrea Radrizzani
  • The title was changed to Massimo Cellino Sells Leeds To Andrea Radrizzani; Monk Resigns
  • The title was changed to Leeds United Discussion

Archived