talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds United Discussion

football forum

52 minutes ago, Lucas said:

It is a consolation for sure but that's what makes it so frustrating mate.

I feel like we should have taken advantage and been the team top and clear by 5 or 6 points but we've really let the others back in.

But at least its very much all to play for. Last year was heartbreaking, i don't think I can go through that again.

Maybe it is better to be close so you can always be on your A game, if you went on like +6 or +8 now you could ease up and perhaps even drop a few spots like last season.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

@Lucas, any thoughts?

Quote.thumb.png.56264f56916e1aa5597bd1b4d3cd7567.png

Leeds will target Rangers boss Steven Gerrard if Marcelo Bielsa leaves the club. (Football Insider)

Pretty much resigned to losing Bielsa if it doesn't happen this season. Can't remember a manager being as loved as he's been at us since Howard Wilkinson or possibly O'Leary.

If we go up, I think he'll give the PL a go, which would IMO be to the league's benefit, having a character like him pitting his wits against the top level managers such as Pep and Klopp.

Gerrard could potentially manage someone like us before he inevitably ends up at Liverpool, like Lampard did Derby. He may see it as a natural step up from Scotland to gain experience, so it is possible I guess.

On 07/10/2019 at 12:35, Lucas said:

Saturday was a write off because of the referee. Cannot moan about the team because we were hard done by.

Sending off and a penalty inside the first 10mins for something where there was little to no contact and it ruined the game sadly.

As for the other games, only ourselves to blame. We have chances and havent been clinical enough to put games to bed. Cost us in 3 home games especially.

Very annoying and frustrating because technically we are the best footballing team in the division. We dominate games, outplay sides, have more attempts and yet somehow don't win. Was a similar story last year and I personally feel we miss a top class striker.

If we had a regular scorer, i think we are good enough to win the league by 10pts, and I am a pessimist when it comes to Leeds. We are streets ahead of some of these teams and yet we are not where the stats reflect we should be.

Marcelo will not panic. He will stick to his beliefs and play the way he knows. And I guess we will live and die by that. Hopefully we can find a way to try and be more efficient in front of goal because if not, we won't be going anywhere and he will be off.

Sounds familiar 

Leeds United's 100th Birthday yesterday.

Plenty of celebrations this week to mark the centenary year which the club has gone all out for ahead of the Birmingham home game Saturday.

Last night was a gala dinner with several legends invited back from your Eddie Grays, Peter Lorimer's and Norman Hunter's to your Gary McAllistair's, Tony Yeboah's, Lucas Radebe's, Lee Bowyer's etc.

IMG_20191018_162125.thumb.jpg.d93e52d95eab26c73b72ec4fe07557c5.jpgIMG_20191018_162142.thumb.jpg.375d4c7dfb0d66b72ec2be46a3c89edf.jpgIMG_20191018_162146.thumb.jpg.7debf3392f1d915276f954082fc36edc.jpg

Love us or hate us, there is no doubt this is one of English Football's Top club's and I'm proud to be a fan.

They had me from Day 1. There's been good, plenty of bad, and some absolute crazy things happen with this club but I would never change it for the world.

• Subscriber
On 11/07/2019 at 20:48, Lucas said:

I have heard the rumour but then we have been rumoured with a load of players.

What is his best position? Trying to picture where he'd actually go presuming we don't lose anyone else.

The photo of Vinny Jones made me think about when he was on the 'Good Morning Britain' show  with Piers Morgan talking about his lovely wife Tanya who passed away with cancer and cried a wee bit and that did bring a tear into me and the wife's eyes, myself and others always thought of him as a hard man when playing football and then in his acting career but it just goes to show you the soft side of the man inside of him.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Leeds United's 100th Birthday yesterday.

Plenty of celebrations this week to mark the centenary year which the club has gone all out for ahead of the Birmingham home game Saturday.

Last night was a gala dinner with several legends invited back from your Eddie Grays, Peter Lorimer's and Norman Hunter's to your Gary McAllistair's, Tony Yeboah's, Lucas Radebe's, Lee Bowyer's etc.

IMG_20191018_162125.thumb.jpg.d93e52d95eab26c73b72ec4fe07557c5.jpgIMG_20191018_162142.thumb.jpg.375d4c7dfb0d66b72ec2be46a3c89edf.jpgIMG_20191018_162146.thumb.jpg.7debf3392f1d915276f954082fc36edc.jpg

Love us or hate us, there is no doubt this is one of English Football's Top club's and I'm proud to be a fan.

They had me from Day 1. There's been good, plenty of bad, and some absolute crazy things happen with this club but I would never change it for the world.

Can't believe you didn't mention Bielsa not giving 2 fucks about turning up in his tracksuit xD 

EHJRcFRXUAAqfD9?format=jpg&name=medium

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

The photo of Vinny Jones made me think about when he was on the 'Good Morning Britain' show  with Piers Morgan talking about his lovely wife Tanya who passed away with cancer and cried a wee bit and that did bring a tear into me and the wife's eyes, myself and others always thought of him as a hard man when playing football and then in his acting career but it just goes to show you the soft side of the man inside of him.

Couldn't agree more. Well said. 

Special game yesterday to mark the 100th Birthday.

Usual Leeds really. Brum stuck men behind the ball, Leeds huffed and puffed, created a few chances, didn't take chances. 

Looked like we were heading for another one of them days and then we capitalised on a Brum mistake, broke through and scored. Apt that it was the Leeds boy, Kalvin Phillips who scored the goal.

The goal felt massive. Proper goosebumps when that went it, it was loud. Think this gives an idea.

I just feel like its not quite working for us right now. I love Bielsa but I think he needs to change it up. He is a stickler for his beliefs but it feels to me like teams know how to stifle us and know if they stay in the game they have a chance.

Just feels a crying shame that we can't find that crucial final ball at the mo because technically this team is the best in the division. Just cannot seem to rack up the goals.

Anyway, this isn't my picture but this is class.

IMG_20191020_125815.thumb.jpg.c266bf8e737b56a728b200ea862d30c5.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.1ee3e64fd0a78cdb2d25adf0e54c27d1.png

Kiko Casilla: Leeds United goalkeeper denies racial abuse charge

Leeds United goalkeeper Kiko Casilla has denied a Football Association charge of racial abuse against Charlton Athletic forward Jonathan Leko.

The FA began an investigation into the incident, which occurred during the Addicks' 1-0 home win, last month.

The Spaniard has been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3 and it is alleged his words "made reference to race and/or colour and/or ethnic origin".

Casilla, 33, has until 12 November to provide a response.

Leeds said in a statement: "Kiko strenuously denies the allegation and has proactively worked with the FA during their investigation to date.

"The next step of this process will be a personal hearing, in the meantime, Kiko will remain available for selection."

Under rules introduced for the 2019-20 season, the minimum suspension for a player found guilty of an aggravated breach of the FA's discrimination rules will be six matches, which can be increased depending on any additional aggravating factors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50294164

The rumour for the last four days is that he was going to be banned for 8 to 12 matches.

The irony is that he is in the best form he's been for us, kept the most clean sheets in all four divisions including the PL and then this.

I would assume if the FA are charging him, they have enough proof to do so and this isn't a 'he said, she said' arguement. My initial interpretation is that he has said something that he feels isn't derogatory but in this country, is offensive.

I will await the personal hearing until I make judgement but obviously racism is a massive issue in our game at the moment and should not be tolerated no matter what.

On 18/10/2019 at 18:46, Stan said:

Can't believe you didn't mention Bielsa not giving 2 fucks about turning up in his tracksuit xD 

EHJRcFRXUAAqfD9?format=jpg&name=medium

Unibet are certainly getting the most out of that sponsorship..

Walking billboard, in or out of the stadium xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived