• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds United Discussion

football forum

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Quite right too, pointless him being at Leeds, either keep him here and have him training with actual good footballers or send him on loan somewhere he will play. Was stupid having him rotting at Leeds, in his comfort zone, not playing games or testing himself  

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Quite right too, pointless him being at Leeds, either keep him here and have him training with actual good footballers or send him on loan somewhere he will play. Was stupid having him rotting at Leeds, in his comfort zone, not playing games or testing himself  

Wouldn’t be surprised if we make a move for him as cover in a 2 game per week period 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we make a move for him as cover in a 2 game per week period 

Think we will want him getting regular football. Can see QPR as we have a good relationship with Warburton, and we want Eze 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Storts said:

Think we will want him getting regular football. Can see QPR as we have a good relationship with Warburton, and we want Eze 

I'd be shocked if Eze left in January, it would completely derail an already tumultuous season. Would be disappointed to see him sold as yet again the youth academy is producing the goods. I also don't think he's good enough for the Premier League yet from a consistency perspective. He'd end up benched or back out on loan in the Championship. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Batard said:

I'd be shocked if Eze left in January, it would completely derail an already tumultuous season. Would be disappointed to see him sold as yet again the youth academy is producing the goods. I also don't think he's good enough for the Premier League yet from a consistency perspective. He'd end up benched or back out on loan in the Championship. 

A lot of talk a deal is being done for £15 million, Amos on a prem, Clarke loan and maybe one other. Obviously he’s not good enough for us yet but we need to get back to signing young English talent from the lower leagues, have to start taking a chance on it again 

4 hours ago, Danny said:

The Athletic reckons Spurs are going to recall Clarke due to lack of playing time @Storts  @Lucas

They also reckon Nketiah is being recalled too @Chaaay AFC @6666 etc

I'm not surprised but I really thought we'd use him more. I don't understand why we haven't to be frank. He knows the system, how we play, what the coach wants from him but he never got the chance. I thought at some point he'd get a run but no, really been frozen out. It's almost like Bielsa has done a complete u turn on him.

Big shame because he would have had something to offer, even as an impact sub. I think we've let him down if I'm honest and sad to see it go that way.

As for Nketiah, it's a massive frustration because for me, he should be getting more minutes. I don't see why we cannot find a way to play both him and Bamford at times. The lad has some great qualities. You need to have diversity in your squad.

Again, cannot blame Arsenal if he goes back, only thing I will say is we paid a loan fee for him and if he goes back, we are not reimbursed in anyway which is not right. And it will hurt if he goes to a promotion rival. All will be revealed soon no doubt.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Storts said:

A lot of talk a deal is being done for £15 million, Amos on a prem, Clarke loan and maybe one other. Obviously he’s not good enough for us yet but we need to get back to signing young English talent from the lower leagues, have to start taking a chance on it again 

He has the potential and the physicality to be a beast of a player, but the fitness and mental fortitude isn't there yet. £15m though for an untested player is better than what we got for Sterling when he came through the academy.

2 hours ago, Storts said:

I haven’t seen loads of Eze but from what I have he looks decent, if that’s what you’re after then I could see it happening but tbh I’m not sure Warburton lasts the season at Rangers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just need to dot the i's and cross the T's and Ian Poveda from Man City will be in.

I've no idea what he's like. Seen one solitary video of him scoring the same goal 120 odd times against Shakhtar under 21's.

He's a winger and he will replace Jack Clarke in the squad. Can't say I'm buzzing exactly, would want more established players at this point in the season to help us. 

That said, I've faith Bielsa must have seen something to approve of Victor Orta's choice.

In other news, a FOURTH bid gone in for Che Adams tonight. Upped the offer on the loan to buy deal.

Also rumours we still have offers on the table for Bowen (who I'd love) and monitoring the Andre Gray situation.

Its getting a bit tense now. Something has to budge.

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Interesting you’re still after Adams, read that their management/board are a bit bemused you’re still going after being told no

I know, Hassenhuttl has been very vocal in saying he doesn't want to lose him.

We are not in a position to bully Southampton financially but I can't help but feel we are getting mixed signals here. Why else would we keep trying?

Maybe Saints have their own irons in the fire which could trigger Adams going.

I really don't know how it's going to go but it's imperative now we land either him, Jarrod Bowen or Andre Gray. 

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I know, Hassenhuttl has been very vocal in saying he doesn't want to lose him.

We are not in a position to bully Southampton financially but I can't help but feel we are getting mixed signals here. Why else would we keep trying?

Maybe Saints have their own irons in the fire which could trigger Adams going.

I really don't know how it's going to go but it's imperative now we land either him, Jarrod Bowen or Andre Gray. 

Andre Gray? Fuck me has he fallen down to the Championship? Used to be a guaranteed a decent amount of goals

It looks like Jean Kevin Augustin is going to be the man.

Reports saying the deal is done. Loan move from Leipzig.

Played for them last season I believe and a loan to Monaco this year where he's hardly played. Know nothing else about him other than a few video clips.

People saying its a bit of a coup but I've literally no idea what he's like.

Happy with the two most recent signings. I'm hoping they push Bamford to perform a little better. He's looked off in the last few games and hasn't managed to find the net but with these guys coming in, it might spur him on to keep his place. I can see him getting 20 this season as he's already on 10 but he needs to work that little harder.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Jacko said:

Happy with the two most recent signings. I'm hoping they push Bamford to perform a little better. He's looked off in the last few games and hasn't managed to find the net but with these guys coming in, it might spur him on to keep his place. I can see him getting 20 this season as he's already on 10 but he needs to work that little harder.

Nice to see you still posting Jacko :ay:

Interesting to see you sign Poveda on a long-term deal, it's been reported that he left us after our academy closure which is technically true however him going to City for nothing was one of the reasons why closed the academy.

Irony of it is that he now strengthens our promotion rivals, had he of stayed with us he could a. be in the team we have now or b. have done a Mepham, took to the Championship like a duck to water and got a big move to the Prem. Still you can't blame a player for going to City and being managed by Pep and his coaches and now by Bielsa must be a dream.

Poveda is expected to come on from the bench tonight so can't wait to see what kind of an impact he can make. He certainly comes hotly tipped to do well. Plus he's got the same number as me on his shirt so he has good taste :whistling:

21 hours ago, Jacko said:

You called it, got a brace last night

On 29/01/2020 at 07:20, True Blue said:

You called it, got a brace last night

He was poor to start with but once the team started gelling together, he showed the ability that he does possess. 

Still not a huge fan of the lad as he is a bit of shithouse sometimes but as long as he's getting goals and helping the team get results, I ain't arsed.

Just now, Jacko said:

He was poor to start with but once the team started gelling together, he showed the ability that he does possess. 

Still not a huge fan of the lad as he is a bit of shithouse sometimes but as long as he's getting goals and helping the team get results, I ain't arsed.

I remember when he impressed on his Boro loan, he was also Championship player of the season. Felt he would have a career with us, but apart from this forced season we wouldn't play our youth ever. Even tough he is Nottingham Forest youngster joined Chelsea with 18.

IMG-20200130-WA0004.thumb.jpg.50d545ef426142f2884b47d45f2bc3ac.jpg

Really great news financially for the club with the new Adidas kit deal on the horizon. Every bit of investment will be vital in taking the club forward.

Further evidence though why we have to get out of this division now more than ever when you see the potential for things to snowball our way if we do.

Archived