talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds United Discussion

football forum

Brilliant news and a real positive step in the right direction off the pitch.

Nothing more demoralising than paying rent to play in your own stadium. So to acquire back the club's biggest asset is a big move.

All this is very un Leeds-like so it's nice to hear positive vibes coming out the club after the negativity of losing Monk.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

Brilliant news and a real positive step in the right direction off the pitch.

Nothing more demoralising than paying rent to play in your own stadium. So to acquire back the club's biggest asset is a big move.

All this is very un Leeds-like so it's nice to hear positive vibes coming out the club after the negativity of losing Monk.

7 hours ago, Dan said:

Might you have actually got some decent owners here?

Dan's jinxed it. You never know what's round the corner... 

Good signing. One of those players who always gives it his all. 

Hasn't managed to make it in England as a holding midfielder so has ended up in right back, technically a touch of class above the Championship but just hasn't found a position he can make his own here.

1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Good signing. One of those players who always gives it his all. 

Hasn't managed to make it in England as a holding midfielder so has ended up in right back, technically a touch of class above the Championship but just hasn't found a position he can make his own here.

I'll be totally honest, I was lukewarm when it was announced purely because I always thought he was one of those 'squad players' that came in now and again but didn't really make enough impression to hold down a first team spot.

Your comments encourage me. It's handy to know he can play in a few positions but it will be interesting to see what position he thrives on best. Currently we have Luke Ayling at RB who for me, should no way lose his place so where Anita goes who knows. Maybe he will add experience in midfield.

He played over half the games for us last season. Started very well but we had signed Yedlin for £5m so there was some rotation.

Basically Rafa preferred Yedlin when he wanted someone to bomb on and Anita when he wanted a cool head.

Tidy is perhaps the most fitting word to describe his play.

Maybe you will play him as a holding midfielder, as that is where he prefers to be. He might be able to do it at this level, hasn't been tried, but he doesn't have the power or tenacity to be holding mid in the Premier League.

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

I'll be totally honest, I was lukewarm when it was announced purely because I always thought he was one of those 'squad players' that came in now and again but didn't really make enough impression to hold down a first team spot.

Your comments encourage me. It's handy to know he can play in a few positions but it will be interesting to see what position he thrives on best. Currently we have Luke Ayling at RB who for me, should no way lose his place so where Anita goes who knows. Maybe he will add experience in midfield.

Completely agree. One of Leeds' best players last season for me.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Selling Liam Bridcutt seems to have divided opinion on Twitter. What's your take on it all Lucas?

I didn't want to lose him personally. I feel he had much to offer us still. He's 28, so into his prime, he's a very decent midfielder for this division despite a few hit and miss games and a good character to have in the dressing room.

The problem is we have two youngsters in Kalvin Phillips and especially the latter in Ronaldo Viera who are ahead of him, as well as Eunan O'Kane, the new boy Mateusz Klich and also Vernon Anita can play there so we are not short in that department.

He just wasn't getting game time at the moment and didn't want to wait it out and compete. If a player really wants to go elsewhere for first team football than stay and fight, you sometimes just have to cut the ties and let them go.

Our loss is Forest's gain though. I have to say I am shocked Leeds haven't stalled the transfer out so that he misses our game Saturday. We're just asking for trouble now if he puts in a really good performance.

59 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He's really done his own legs in here by joining one of Barnsley's rivals. It's really seen his stock tumble I reckon. And eventual move to Rotherham when they next struggle beckons.

And we gave him the news whilst he was on his family holiday in Greece.

We're fucking savage xD

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

And we gave him the news whilst he was on his family holiday in Greece.

We're fucking savage xD

As @Smiley Culture has eluded too, it's difficult to sympathise with anybody that takes the Leeds job any more. Even with the change of owners the only anomolee in regards to being treated like a human seems like Gary Monk since Simon Grayson gained promotion under Ken Bates. Everybody knows what they're getting themselves in for.

Yeah I'm not shocked at all.

We do have an unwanted reputation sadly and I wish we didn't because it does make the running of our club look a farce.

But I do have to say, that was largely down to Massimo Cellino being a crazy bastard. Let's not forget he came with a reputation for firing managers willy nilly and in the space of a couple years we had gone through Mcdermott, Hockaday, Milanic, Redfearn, Rosler, Evans like no tomorrow. He is the one to blame for cresting this reputation.

Now the reputation proceeds us and there is a stigma/joke about how short term are managers are, I don't think we'll shift that now for a long time

Since Radrizzani has taken over, we had Monk for a full season, then had Christiansen till February where we panicked after a horrendous run and Heckingbottam tookover. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is any better but in the present climate, managers seem to have shorter shelf lives because of the high demands they need to meet.

Wolves changed their manager 4 times in 2 seasons and then they went up. I think a lot of people forget that.

Anyway, I say it everytime that its getting boring now but I hope we stop fucking about and appoint a proper manager for this club. No disrespect here at all but it takes a strong character to work here. We're not an ordinary club. I won't say the word big, but I think the job has been too big for nearly every one of the appointments in the first place. Only Monk rose to the task before it got the better or him and he self destructed at the end.

We need to get this right or it'll keep happening. We are too desperate I think. But then we have been incredibly patient and it's got us nowhere fast.

Most clubs in this league can accept where they are but we can't. We do not tolerate mediocrity. The club absolutely craves Premier League football desperately, nothing else is acceptable and that's why there is a unique passion that other clubs down here can't match getting behind their team. It sounds silly but unless you are Leeds I don't think its something someone neutral would understand.

1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Leeds are a massive club, the fact the haven't played top flight football for what must be about 12 years now (?) is one of footballs biggest travesties.

Leeds and Forest not being in the top flight is a real shame to me. It's insane what's happened to Forest in the 90s and how they've NEVER recovered from it.

But Leeds are massive as fuck in my books as well. Much much much bigger than Forest. Great fans as well. It always used to be a fixture I'd look out for when the fixture lists were released and it's been very shit not having them in the league. I hope Cellino's insanity will eventually pay off for them, but I'm not very hopeful tbh. But yeah, I think it's an absolute travesty that we've been without Leeds in the top flight for this long.

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Leeds and Forest not being in the top flight is a real shame to me. It's insane what's happened to Forest in the 90s and how they've NEVER recovered from it.

But Leeds are massive as fuck in my books as well. Much much much bigger than Forest. Great fans as well. It always used to be a fixture I'd look out for when the fixture lists were released and it's been very shit not having them in the league. I hope Cellino's insanity will eventually pay off for them, but I'm not very hopeful tbh. But yeah, I think it's an absolute travesty that we've been without Leeds in the top flight for this long.

You know a way to a man's heart.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Lucas said:

Yeah I'm not shocked at all.

We do have an unwanted reputation sadly and I wish we didn't because it does make the running of our club look a farce.

But I do have to say, that was largely down to Massimo Cellino being a crazy bastard. Let's not forget he came with a reputation for firing managers willy nilly and in the space of a couple years we had gone through Mcdermott, Hockaday, Milanic, Redfearn, Rosler, Evans like no tomorrow. He is the one to blame for cresting this reputation.

Now the reputation proceeds us and there is a stigma/joke about how short term are managers are, I don't think we'll shift that now for a long time

Since Radrizzani has taken over, we had Monk for a full season, then had Christiansen till February where we panicked after a horrendous run and Heckingbottam tookover. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is any better but in the present climate, managers seem to have shorter shelf lives because of the high demands they need to meet.

Wolves changed their manager 4 times in 2 seasons and then they went up. I think a lot of people forget that.

Anyway, I say it everytime that its getting boring now but I hope we stop fucking about and appoint a proper manager for this club. No disrespect here at all but it takes a strong character to work here. We're not an ordinary club. I won't say the word big, but I think the job has been too big for nearly every one of the appointments in the first place. Only Monk rose to the task before it got the better or him and he self destructed at the end.

We need to get this right or it'll keep happening. We are too desperate I think. But then we have been incredibly patient and it's got us nowhere fast.

Most clubs in this league can accept where they are but we can't. We do not tolerate mediocrity. The club absolutely craves Premier League football desperately, nothing else is acceptable and that's why there is a unique passion that other clubs down here can't match getting behind their team. It sounds silly but unless you are Leeds I don't think its something someone neutral would understand.

Didn't Watford change theirs something like three times in the season they actually got promoted? xD

I actually feel a bit sorry for your fans. You must have zero confidence in anything you do anymore.

I do miss seeing Leeds in the Prem, I like to see smaller clubs come up and do well but I think the top flight misses a competitive Leeds as it misses a competitive Newcastle. One of those great clubs that make you feel nostalgic for the 90s/early 2000s. There have been too many clubs like Stoke and West Brom who were happy just to survive and in general were quite boring.

With that's said you're our competition for the play offs (which your fanbase must love 😂) so I hope you continue to fuck up if it means we can step into the play offs.

Whats the craic with the transfer budget? It improved since you bought the stadium back?

• The title was changed to Leeds United Discussion

Archived