The better place to talk football.

Warrior (Cinemax)

football forum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I've started watching it and am on EP4 so far. I like what I see.

I liked Season 1, but it's Season 2 where both the story and character developement really picked up speed, in my opinion. Nothing short of fantastic...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I liked Season 1, but it's Season 2 where both the story and character developement really picked up speed, in my opinion. Nothing short of fantastic...

I'll get there by the weekend for sure. I am doing two EPs a day.

Well that was a very interesting episode... I was just thinking to myself about the similarities to Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon' with the fight tournament and then suddenly it takes on a whole new twist, Didn't see that coming.. xD left it on a cliff hanger as well for the next episode.. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Well that was a very interesting episode... I was just thinking to myself about the similarities to Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon' with the fight tournament and then suddenly it takes on a whole new twist, Didn't see that coming.. xD left it on a cliff hanger as well for the next episode.. 

Just watched it myself; another great episode... I loved that one episode in Season 1 where they went full on spaghetti western, so was very happy with this one having similar undertones as well. Loved that they didn't drag the tournament for eternity, although it was nice to see all the different fighting styles. The Mexican/American storyline was really well done, too bad about the outcome... Absolutely love the homage to Bruce Lee, and the nod to Enter The Dragon with the chest cuts in this episode was class. 

Young Jun and Ah Sahm are in real trouble now, aren't  they...

Also, that new guy Hong is hilarious xD 

4 hours ago, nudge said:

You think he's a traitor? That would be unfortunate. 

I think traitor might be a bit of a strong word but he seemed to come from no-where and latched on to them fairly quickly and just the way he kept trying to force his way in by being where they were and hanging around constantly makes me a tad suspicious... I hope it's not the case but we will see, the 3 of them go well together and always have each others backs like when he knew those blokes were up to no good and decided to take matters into his own hands.. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Well that was an interesting episode... 

It was, wasn't it? :D 

Was expecting by far more trouble for Young Jun and Ah Sahm, so was surprised that the whole power change in the Hop Wei went so well. Lucky Ah Sahm got that tournament money, otherwise it wouldn't have gone so well... Ah Sahm's character has become extremely manipulative, I wonder when things will start going wrong between him and Young Jun... Actually feel bad for Young Jun, a tragic character. Born into the tong, his father never cared for him, and now he is also used and manipulated by someone who he thinks is his best (and only) friend. 

That horrible brothel was fucking scary... Brutal. Ah Toy is probably my most favourite character in the show (well, her and Chao); but I feel she will get in some real trouble with that blonde lady (Nellie?) who speaks Mandarin and is apparently helping the Chinese girls. Seems too good to be true, especially now as she suddenly takes extreme interest in Ah Toy and her land. I wonder if she's up to something...

Not gonna lie, was happy to see the Mayor getting his skull crushed. Also looking forward to Leary starting his politician career, haha.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Shaun The Sheep Movie Ok GIF

Will watch it later, back on shift today.. 

Let me know what you think after you've seen it... It's now one of my favourite episodes of any show ever. The sheer scale of it, the intensity... Can't even imagine the level of coordination required to shoot it. 

Season 2 finale next week... Hopefully it gets renewed for Season 3 :/

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Wow... that was just insane, amazing stuff and such brutality 

It shocked me... Here's an interesting read about the real event that was recreated in the latest episode: https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/warrior-the-real-history-of-the-race-riot-that-shook-san-francisco/

Also interesting how some characters are clearly based on actual historical persons, especially O'Leary and Ah Toy.

Archived