The better place to talk football.

England vs Republic of Ireland - Thursday 12th November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Something about the game being pointless and should never have happened, something about Southgate getting the sack, something about how crap International football is, something about how crap the team selection is. 

Think that’s all bases covered. 

But will still watch it and moan after FT about how pointless it was, should never have happened, Southgate is shit, international football is shit and team selection should have been different :D 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

As the England manager? 100%

It would be quite interesting. You could imagine a more progressive approach with the abundance of attacking talent vs what you see now. Maybe Sterling just behind Kane with two holding midfielders.

Kane

Rashford------Sterling-----Sancho

Rice---Henderson

Chilwell---CB----Gomez----TAA

GK

18 hours ago, Cicero said:

Would you take Wenger?

I think I would, actually. He offers something that we don’t already have. Look at what we’ve got, it’s hardly the most inspiring. Maybe he’ll get the punditry job for the Euros next summer because we’ve got some real idiots doing it now. 

29 minutes ago, Danny said:

Of course Grealish is going to score tonight 

Ideal result is Ireland win emphatically, Kenny gets his first win. England sack Southgate, bring in a manager good enough to manage the talent coming through

I’m baffled that there’s an ever growing group of mouth breathers actually wanting Southgate sacked based off of a draw and a loss to Denmark and not picking Grealish. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

I’m baffled that there’s an ever growing group of mouth breathers actually wanting Southgate sacked based off of a draw and a loss to Denmark. 

Tbh I just think Southgate’s a fairly limited manager and the England performances since the World Cup have shown that, no progression. Though I don’t think his jobs in danger

Dont think he’s done badly mind, and I’ll happily be proven wrong by him but I just think we’ve hit a crossroads where he can’t really do much more with us

1 minute ago, Danny said:

Tbh I just think Southgate’s a fairly limited manager and the England performances since the World Cup have shown that, no progression. Though I don’t think his jobs in danger

Dont think he’s done badly mind, and I’ll happily be proven wrong by him but I just think we’ve hit a crossroads where he can’t really do much more with us

“No progression” is an absolute bizarre shout. A draw in Croatia and a win in Spain, a late win against Croatia coming from behind, thirty seven goals in qualification for the Euros with just six conceded.

The only real disappointment was the collapse against Holland in the Nations League. 

7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

The archetypal big club v little club friendly, this. England not needing to get out of second gear but clearly have a few more gears to go up, though they’ll not be needed against an Ireland side who are a much lower quality. 

England hasn't beaten Ireland since 1980s though

18 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

“No progression” is an absolute bizarre shout. A draw in Croatia and a win in Spain, a late win against Croatia coming from behind, thirty seven goals in qualification for the Euros with just six conceded.

The only real disappointment was the collapse against Holland in the Nations League. 

Croatia lost 6-0 to Spain, lost to Hungary, lost to Tunisia, drew with Azerbaijan. They have suffered massively since the World Cup. So that’s not really a big celebration within the context of Croatia’s form. Yeah Spain was a good result, but then we fell apart after that.

Weve rarely had any great performances, performances that show real progress. If what we’ve seen so far is what we’re going to get England won’t come close to winning under Southgate imo, but I’m again I’m happy to be proven wrong by him.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived