The better place to talk football.

Greg Clarke to Resign From FA

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
25 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

He’s a bit of a dinosaur.

I think we all knew this was coming but I didn’t expect it to be so fast!

He just had an absolute mare all round today. 

At one point when he was questioned about his comments he goes 'well, if I said that...' 

The interview and questioning was being recorded ffs xD

The correct course of action. I understand the argument that 'acceptable' language changes with time and some people may not keep track of it, but that's a reason for an 80 year old pensioner at the bus stop or whatever. Here we have a man who is Chariman of a huge national entity, affecting the lives of thousands of racial and ethnic minorities, that spends goodness knows what each year promoting equality and diversity. That makes the whole thing even more staggering when you think about it. Sadly he will probably be replaced by someone identical in all but their name, and another chance for some sort of dragging into the 21st Century will go by.

Clark also made two comments today implying being gay was a choice. Not had the best of days all round.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Pyfish said:

The new chairman absolutely needs to be somebody with a footballing sense and a moral grasp on society TODAY not how it was 20-30 years ago.

Definitely. Someone young and fresh and not a dinosaur.

I’m seeing pledges for it to someone of a specific race, which I disagree with.

Just get the right person in, whatever religious background they have... Someone with a full understanding of football and the society we live in today. 

• Administrator
54 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Definitely. Someone young and fresh and not a dinosaur.

I’m seeing pledges for it to someone of a specific race, which I disagree with.

Just get the right person in, whatever religious background they have... Someone with a full understanding of football and the society we live in today. 

Yeah I don't agree that it should be somone of a specific race or skin colour, but it would be good to have someone considered as long as they meet the criteria for the role.

Archived