talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

League A - Group A1-A4 Fixtures - 14-18th November, 2020

football forum

8 hours ago, Lucas said:

Not enough pace in the side tonight. Too many square pegs in round holes as per usual but that sounds like a broken record now.

And why we bother playing 3 centre backs as well I'll never know. Barely got two decent ones.

We always make the same basic errors in all. Give away the ball and superior sides will punish you. Give away cheap freekicks and they punish you. Give them too much space and they punish you etc.

Feel like Winks and Foden would be good in a possession based midfield, but Foden didn’t get a look in and Winks got knackered against Ireland

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Permutations for each Group with 1 game left:

Group A1
image.png
- Italy will finish top of they draw and Netherlands/Poland also draw.
- Italy have a better Head-to-Head on Netherlands/Poland so if there was a tie for 1st, Italy would stay on top. 

Group A2
image.png
- Belgium will qualify if they don't lose against Denmark. 

Group A3
image.png
 - France are the only side that have guaranteed their route to the finals in October 2021.
- If Croatia and Sweden both lose, the latter need to lose by fewer goals to go above Croatia and avoid relegation (whichever side finishes with a better GD will finish 3rd).

Group A4
image.png
- Spain need to beat Germany to finish top. 
- Switzerland need to beat Ukraine 1-0, or by more than one goal, to have a better Head-to-Head record (Ukraine beat them 2-1 earlier in the group) and avoid relegation. 

19 hours ago, The Käiser said:

So group winners are France Belgium Italy and a tossup between Spain/Germany 

relegated Iceland  Bosnia Swiss (think Ukraine will edge them) and a tossup between Croatia /Sweden 

when’s the draw for playoffs and do they play it in March?

Italy haven't won the group, they need to win from Bosnia away.

5 hours ago, McAzeem said:

Having the Nations League finals only months after Euros will be very weird

Having a nations league final is weird unto itself. 
it dilutes the prestige of euros. 
then again euros are diluted by having 24 teams out of 55 in the final tournament 
I foresee a euro super cup putting the euro winners vs the nation league champions 

43 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

Let löw suffer the humiliation of the euro. 
bring someone new right after 

When Spain was up 4:0 I actually cheered for them to score more, so they just pile up on Löw's misery. He was never the right manager to begin with, and Germany won that WC not because of Löw, but with Löw. With all that talent at his disposal, he should have won titles before that, and after that. 

• Subscriber

6-0 xD Jesus Christ. It got me thinking if England have ever been properly hammered like that. Unless I'm forgetting something really obvious the nearest I can think to a pasting we've taken is 4-1 from Germany in 2010, and 4-1 from Denmark under Sven.

Germany should never ever be losing 6-0. That's outrageous.

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

When Spain was up 4:0 I actually cheered for them to score more, so they just pile up on Löw's misery. He was never the right manager to begin with, and Germany won that WC not because of Löw, but with Löw. With all that talent at his disposal, he should have won titles before that, and after that. 

Agreed. 
even if they changed managers would there be time for new manager to work with the team before euros?

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Bit weird. 

The cancel culture is absolutely horrific and it’s seeped into football and the so-called fans are behind it. For all the abuse football club chairmen get, much of it deserved, the whole sacking culture stems from the fans and this is proof of that. 

No doubt the cringey twats from that Twitter page will be the ones tweeting “can’t wait for these scenes :17_heart_eyes:“ and a video from the last World Cup of some bad bellends lobbing pints around. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Smiley Culture said:

The cancel culture is absolutely horrific and it’s seeped into football and the so-called fans are behind it. For all the abuse football club chairmen get, much of it deserved, the whole sacking culture stems from the fans and this is proof of that. 

No doubt the cringey twats from that Twitter page will be the ones tweeting “can’t wait for these scenes :17_heart_eyes:“ and a video from the last World Cup of some bad bellends lobbing pints around. 

It's a societal problem. No-one is ever allowed to make a mistake any more. 

Archived