• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

League One & League Two Clubs Agree Rescue Package

football forum

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Great that lower league clubs will be able to relax a little bit knowing they aren't in imminent financial trouble. Can't help but think it paves the way for the Premier League and EFL to agree to U21 or B teams in the EFL though off the back of it.

11 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Great that lower league clubs will be able to relax a little bit knowing they aren't in imminent financial trouble. Can't help but think it paves the way for the Premier League and EFL to agree to U21 or B teams in the EFL though off the back of it.

Richard Masters has made it very clear that there are no strings attached to this payment. They're being very brand conscious about how bad it will look for the PL if a team goes under after owners in the PL spent in excess of one billion during the pandemic.

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Richard Masters has made it very clear that there are no strings attached to this payment. They're being very brand conscious about how bad it will look for the PL if a team goes under after owners in the PL spent in excess of one billion during the pandemic.

I guess so. Does still seem like a case of 'you scratch my back' though. It might not be connected to the payment but I can still see further down the line them using this 'gesture' as ammunition to push B teams through.

Archived