talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tony Mowbray Set To Stay As Blackburn Manager

Tony Mowbray has held positive and productive talks with the club's owners.

The Rovers boss flew out to India at the weekend and is pleased with the discussions that took place.

"I'm very happy with the discussions that I have had," said Mowbray.

"I've met the owners, I've met the people that I am working for, and I am very happy to move forward.

"Whilst we were all disappointed with the end of last season I see it as an opportunity to now move the club in the right direction and grasp this opportunity whilst it is there for us.

"The owners were supportive of my ideas and plans, and they have assured me of their financial commitment to help achieve our targets. It was all very positive."

Read more at https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/tony-mowbray-blackburn-rovers-3723649.aspx#JAb0US5sOVXiqBkl.99

Never say never with Venkys in charge, but I'm delighted it looks like Tony is staying. Him staying is key to us achieving a quick return to the Championship and possibly being able to keep hold of our best players (Mulgrew, Bennett, Graham etc). The fans are behind him and clearly the current squad were as they were hugely improved in terms of their performances and efforts in comparison to when Coyle was in charge. We only have 15 senior players under contract right now so there will be a lot of incomings at Blackburn this summer on much smaller contracts than we've previously offered but hopefully we can get the right players for League One.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I just cannot see the benefit in Mowbray staying, his brand of football is dour and his record isn't exactly one to inspire. He's a sub off a striker for a defender when you're losing type manager, no sense of adventure. I wouldn't be hopeful of him inspiring a return to the Championship. 

• Subscriber

We can only go off how he did with us in his short stay at the club. It's worth him staying to see how it goes, I can't imagine managers are jumping at the chance to manage us anyway. 

I have no idea what's going to happen this summer, i can't believe we are 7/1 favourites to win the league!?! xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

We can only go off how he did with us in his short stay at the club. It's worth him staying to see how it goes, I can't imagine managers are jumping at the chance to manage us anyway. 

I have no idea what's going to happen this summer, i can't believe we are 7/1 favourites to win the league!?! xD

7/1?! Based on what?! Hahaha that's insane 

It's definitely worth keeping him on and seeing how it goes with him. He was a big improvement from Owen Coyle that's for sure. It was just a pity that the team couldn't turn more of those draws into wins. 

Archived