talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 0-2 Chelsea - Saturday 21st November, 2020

football forum

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Well we thank you for your participation.... and when I say participation I mean thanks for turning up at least.. and when I say turning up I mean getting changed and coming out on the pitch... 

It is us who should be thanking you for participating in our specially arranged event to get sports direct hoardings on the telebox. 

The amount of Lonsdale underwear sold in that 90 minutes will feed the team for 3 days.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 0-2 Chelsea - Saturday 21st November, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Cicero said:

Tougher run of games start next week, but so far Kante has looked comfortable as the holding midfielder. I'll hold up my hands on that one. Hope he produces the same the next several weeks. 

It's not that he's a pure holding player, he probably still plays his best football in a two but given our options in that area, we may as well adapt him there and use him similar to the way he's used for France. He probably shouldn't be used there every game and we can make use of some of the other players in that position when need be but for me, the best football we've played under Lampard so far has always been with two more attacking midfielders and one sitting. 

I said recently I thought we didn't have the squad profile to be able to keep on playing that system with Barkley and Loftus-Cheek on loan but it's clear Lampard has started to use Kovacic further up the pitch who does have the technical ability to play that role.

It will be interesting to see what Lampard does with some big games coming up, will he shit a brick and go back to three at the back against Spurs? I'd personally like us to go for it and continue with the current system. If we lose that way, people might question why he didn't change to 3 at the back. If we lose with three at the back, people might question why he didn't keep it as it was. I hope we stay how we are in the current shape for the big games.

Archived