talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 1-2 Brighton - Saturday 21st November, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 15.00 (GMT)

Live on BT Sport

1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p      VS     1200px-Brighton_&_Hove_Albion_logo.svg.p

Head to Head Record
Aston Villa - 13
Draws - 8
Brighton - 4

Last Meeting
18/01/2020 - Brighton 1-1 Aston Villa

Last Fixture
19/10/2019 - Aston Villa 2-1 Brighton

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Michael Oliver. He's going to get a lot of shit for that but its a relief to seeing common sense prevailing.

Thought Aston Villa lacked a lot of the mental discipline that's served them well up until this point in the system. Jack Grealish didn't seem to want to track back in fear of that Lamptey smoke for example. Thought Brighton winning by the odd goal was deserved.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

If that had been given we might as well have all just called it a day.

Eh... not really, we’ve seen VAR incorrectly go with penalty decisions in worse incidents than that this season.

It’s just reassuring to see common sense prevailed in this match. Although it’s shit for Brighton that Lamptey was sent off for a pretty bad dive from Grealish there.

I don’t care that Grealish is English and very good. I can’t stand him at all.

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 1-2 Brighton - Saturday 21st November, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Eh... not really, we’ve seen VAR incorrectly go with penalty decisions in worse incidents than that this season.

It’s just reassuring to see common sense prevailed in this match. Although it’s shit for Brighton that Lamptey was sent off for a pretty bad dive from Grealish there.

I don’t care that Grealish is English and very good. I can’t stand him at all.

This season is such a shambles again, arguably somehow even worse than last season, that it just shouldn't be the barometer. I don't see how you can give it. Brighton player got the ball, Trezeguet threw himself to the ground.

That Peter Walton needs blasting into outer space. An ex Premier League referee saying "he had every right to go down". Is it just me who finds this seriously concerning? We are in a culture where even the officials are encouraging themselves to be conned. How the hell did it get this out of hand?

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dan said:

This season is such a shambles again, arguably somehow even worse than last season, that it just shouldn't be the barometer. I don't see how you can give it. Brighton player got the ball, Trezeguet threw himself to the ground.

That Peter Walton needs blasting into outer space. An ex Premier League referee saying "he had every right to go down". Is it just me who finds this seriously concerning? We are in a culture where even the officials are encouraging themselves to be conned. How the hell did it get this out of hand?

No. In the Utd game he said Martial went down too early. Just outright refused to call it a dive. He's shite anyway. BT would do well to get rid of him - he offers nothing. 

3 hours ago, Dan said:

I was watching the Newcastle/Chelsea game. Mount received the ball with a player behind him and literally fell to the ground. I replayed it a few times. The referee literally blew within a millisecond of the ‘incident’. It’s almost programmed into the game now and the problem is it’s become totally accepted. Even by the player who hasn’t committed the foul. Genuine question, are they now teaching simulation on the training pitches? Because that’s how it feels. Every player does it.

• Subscriber

It has definitely become accepted. I just don't get how nobody calls it out. Everybody knows it's wrong, the players do, the fans do, the officials do, and yet now everyone seems to just unanimously accept it - nobody in the media ever calls it out either.

Archived