Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Man Utd 1-0 West Brom - Saturday 21st November, 2020

This calendar year we've not been getting as many penalties as we should have. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

You're quite obsessed with Pogba..

I have nightmares about the guy and they will only go away once he slings his hook and leaves United.

19 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I have nightmares about the guy and they will only go away once he slings his hook and leaves United.

I don't believe you. 

It feels unfair that we're so blasé about hesitation in the runup on penalties yet have VAR check if the keeper came even the slightest bit off his line

The new rule with the keepers is just silly. It's a situation that is already heavily in the takers favour, why do we need to make it more in their favour?

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The new rule with the keepers is just silly. It's a situation that is already heavily in the takers favour, why do we need to make it more in their favour?

It's not that silly considering it can considerably narrow the angle down if you have keeper's jumping off their line forwards as opposed to sideways. Adrian used to be the worst culprit for it I think when he was at West Ham.

To be honest I don't actually mind the rule. It's a fair one. But I'd like to see it evened out to prevent players doing stupid run-ups and stutters. I thought it was outlawed a good few seasons back but players seems to have come up with a new way. Think it should be a clean run-up, no stutters along the way at any part.

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I remember watching Grobbelaar doing his shaking knees act and they say that won them the game against Roma. xD

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

It's not that silly considering it can considerably narrow the angle down if you have keeper's jumping off their line forwards as opposed to sideways. Adrian used to be the worst culprit for it I think when he was at West Ham.

To be honest I don't actually mind the rule. It's a fair one. But I'd like to see it evened out to prevent players doing stupid run-ups and stutters. I thought it was outlawed a good few seasons back but players seems to have come up with a new way. Think it should be a clean run-up, no stutters along the way at any part.

I'm not suggesting we let keepers do a Jerzy Dudek and be three or four yards off their line. Having them retaken if they're slightly off though is making a pretty easy situation for the taker even easier

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I'm not suggesting we let keepers do a Jerzy Dudek and be three or four yards off their line. Having them retaken if they're slightly off though is making a pretty easy situation for the taker even easier

If they have any part of their boot (even if it was the back of it), then that's fine. But Johnstone yesterday was very far off it in comparison.

14 hours ago, Burning Gold said:

It feels unfair that we're so blasé about hesitation in the runup on penalties yet have VAR check if the keeper came even the slightest bit off his line

Yep. It's totally fine to bounce in the run up to a penalty but you come half an ants pube off the line and the penalty is retaken.