• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Sheff Utd 0-1 West Ham - Sunday 22nd November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I now wonder how long Chris Wilder has at Sheffield. That's 8 out of 9 games lost.

I actually said last year he might struggle this year. Things have generally gone right for him and I'm not sure if he is the right man when things are going bad. I think his old school management approach is ok when you are winning and confident but not when you are on a losing run 

• The topic was unpinned

Chris Wilder is the fabric of the club and no better man if we do end up back in the Championship, as we can’t exactly overhaul the squad in January; we have the poorest owner in the league not even using his own money. Brewster had what should have been a lovely assist to McBurnie, excellent through-ball, a glimpse of what he’s capable of in a woeful game aside from a ‘promising’ start.

Fulham, West Brom and Burnley need to go down for us to stay up, that sentence isn’t so crazy is it.... so still hope, but not looking good.

One of Sheffield United's biggest weapons was that Bramall Lane felt a tough place to go with their support behind them. No one relished going there last season.

Without those fans, they have lost this advantage. I know everyone is in the same boat but some teams feed off it better than others, and it's usually the teams thay have the better more vocal support.

They need to find some goals too. 4 goals in 9 games is tough and the way its been this season with the irregularities, you need to get two in a game to stand a chance.

But it's important to remember 6 of the 8 defeats have only been a one goal difference so they aren't miles away if they can start finding the back of the net.

How the fuck is Benrahma not getting game-time? Let's be honest he's not joining Leeds where the system is so intricate and demanding that you need to be slowly ushered in, he's joining a team that pretty much just sit back and counter on a 3 man defence with 2 defensive mids. Let him run wild

9 hours ago, DNA said:

Chris Wilder is the fabric of the club and no better man if we do end up back in the Championship, as we can’t exactly overhaul the squad in January; we have the poorest owner in the league not even using his own money. Brewster had what should have been a lovely assist to McBurnie, excellent through-ball, a glimpse of what he’s capable of in a woeful game aside from a ‘promising’ start.

Fulham, West Brom and Burnley need to go down for us to stay up, that sentence isn’t so crazy is it.... so still hope, but not looking good.

Aren’t you owned by a Saudi prince?

4 hours ago, Lucas said:

One of Sheffield United's biggest weapons was that Bramall Lane felt a tough place to go with their support behind them. No one relished going there last season.

Without those fans, they have lost this advantage. I know everyone is in the same boat but some teams feed off it better than others, and it's usually the teams thay have the better more vocal support.

They need to find some goals too. 4 goals in 9 games is tough and the way its been this season with the irregularities, you need to get two in a game to stand a chance.

But it's important to remember 6 of the 8 defeats have only been a one goal difference so they aren't miles away if they can start finding the back of the net.

Very true. Not often I say this, but I feel a bit sorry for Leeds too. First season back would be a great spectacle and I'm sure the noise would play in your favour in some games, might have pushed you over the line yesterday. Liverpool are one club I thought might lose something without their fans but it seems not, although maybe for 'big European nights' it might be missed more.

On the opposite end, I think West Ham are absolutely thriving without fans around. The atmosphere there is so toxic that it''s almost therapeutic for them to play outside of it.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Very true. Not often I say this, but I feel a bit sorry for Leeds too. First season back would be a great spectacle and I'm sure the noise would play in your favour in some games, might have pushed you over the line yesterday. Liverpool are one club I thought might lose something without their fans but it seems not, although maybe for 'big European nights' it might be missed more.

On the opposite end, I think West Ham are absolutely thriving without fans around. The atmosphere there is so toxic that it''s almost therapeutic for them to play outside of it.

I think you could be right, the Kop would have sucked that ball in the back of the net yesterday with all that pressure.

I think your point on West Ham also is fair. It's often been said they haven't managed to replicate the feel of Upton Park since their move and it can't be just coincidence now.

Further emphasised by the fact Southampton have a terrible home support last year, and yet they have blossomed without the negative moans and groans.

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Aren’t you owned by a Saudi prince?

He’s a pauper, 2nd lowest net worth after the Burnley owner, pretty much been spending money we’d generate anyway at this level 2 seasons in (last season we generated £132m). He got lucky in a legal dispute when he was only a joint owner last season with McCabe,  now he owns the lot and although he’s not exactly bleeding us dry, the other guy (as reports go) was going to sell us off, maybe that could have ended with a more ‘PL-level’ owner.  

Archived