Arsenal - 47

Last Meeting
06/01/2020 - Arsenal 1-0 Leeds (FA Cup)

Last Fixture
19/01/2011 - Leeds 1-3 Arsenal (FA Cup)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2-0 To Leeds, Koch will probably get man of the match after his disaster against Spain.  The more we lose the more likely Arteta is going to get sacked, so I hope it wont be too long, there is no way fans once back in the stadium will put up with this kind of football much longer, it is appalling. 

Well the good news is we have Kalvin Phillips back and Rodrigo.

Both were sorely missed the past two games. Phillips, because he will come in and protect the defence better. Rodrigo, because he is pivotal to the link up play in attack and provides that genuine extra quality we lacked.

The break came at a good time for us after two heavy defeats so we need to try get back on the board with a win here.

I can see it being a really tight game especially the way Arsenal play, I don't expect a goal fest but you never know.

Would be typical for Eddie Nketiah to score after his spell with us, that's the way these things tend to go.

At the beginning of the season I felt fifth was reasonable for this season.  Would love to qualify for the champions league but realistically liverpool and man city were to far ahead. Chelsea have invested heavily and I thought utd would have been better. Utd have been shit but spurs have been very good so fifth would still be the aim for me.  If we loose today I think some questions will start to be asked of arteta and whether he can close the gap.

Arsenal just look so off the boil, I know Leeds play a style of play that is fast and fluid but Arsenal are struggling to offer anything back. Feel like Xhaka and Ceballos are a bit too static even if they are doing a decent job at defending. Willock has little fluidity with anyone and I know it’s easy to criticise Pepe but he’s actually shown a desire to get forward and create something

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

My mate has given me a really detailed technical summary of the first half. 

He said "we're shite"

Pepe couldn't be arsed to play any more either. 

I just don't get why you even do something like that with how many cameras are on you. 

• Administrator
Just now, SirBalon 69 said:

Now lets hope Arteta bins Pepe like he has a few other players. One of the worst signings in premiership history.

I agree. For the amount they've paid he's barely delivered. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

At the beginning of the season I felt fifth was reasonable for this season.  Would love to qualify for the champions league but realistically liverpool and man city were to far ahead. Chelsea have invested heavily and I thought utd would have been better. Utd have been shit but spurs have been very good so fifth would still be the aim for me.  If we loose today I think some questions will start to be asked of arteta and whether he can close the gap.

If we lose today I think its one of the worst starts to the season Arsenal have made.  Arteta is clearly not the person to lead this club and needs to go ASAP the football is dreadful.  I have never seen us play this bad while we have been under Arteta. The only tactic is just sitting back and defending for our lives no matter who we play. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived