talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 0-0 Arsenal - Sunday 22nd November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really poor from Leeds not to win this. Better side when it was 11v11 and definitely should have capitalised when Arsenal went down to 10

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

25 shots for Leeds.

I'm really curious to see the xG numbers for this one.

Lots of shots and they finished terribly, but I don't think they created a single high percentage chance

Frustrating. Unfortunately you don't always get what you deserve in football.

I think the sending off hurt us. We ran them ragged first half but second half, we stopped attacking down the sides where our full backs overlap and started to run out of ideas.

That said, we were incredibly unlucky to hit the woodwork three times, especially Bamford's header, thought that was in. Leno made a great save from Dallas too. 

So many opportunities that were skied over or flashed wide though. Poor finishing to be frank.

Arsenal were rubbish but you have to give them credit for hanging in there wirh 10 men. Just a massive shame we've not gone on and won that.

36 minutes ago, SirBalon 69 said:

If we lose today I think its one of the worst starts to the season Arsenal have made.  Arteta is clearly not the person to lead this club and needs to go ASAP the football is dreadful.  I have never seen us play this bad while we have been under Arteta. The only tactic is just sitting back and defending for our lives no matter who we play. 

I don't think arteta is the right man for the job. There have been a few good signs but overall disappointing. We have to be careful though. We have to remember where we are as a club and who we can attract.  Who would you want and what would be your expectations? Personally wouldn't mind the wolves manager. And I wouldn't expect them to get in the champions league in the first season. We would need some patience.

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't think arteta is the right man for the job. There have been a few good signs but overall disappointing. We have to be careful though. We have to remember where we are as a club and who we can attract.  Who would you want and what would be your expectations? Personally wouldn't mind the wolves manager. And I wouldn't expect them to get in the champions league in the first season. We would need some patience.

Ralf Rangnick would be a great appointment for Arsenal. 

In my opinion, he is the ideal guy for a club that needs a fresh start. Rangnick has a great track record st identifying and developing young talent. 

36 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

We need someone that is experienced to get us out of a mess. Whoever is making these decisions to appoint the managers needs to be fired also. We hired a coach that couldn't speak the language which actually led to his downfall due to the communication and now appointing a 1 trick tactic pony rookie who seems to fall out with everybody. 

I am actually done with this club now, the direction and guidance it is going since this disaster of a stadium was built is a shambles.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Really poor from Leeds not to win this. Better side when it was 11v11 and definitely should have capitalised when Arsenal went down to 10

Lots of shots and they finished terribly, but I don't think they created a single high percentage chance

https://understat.com/match/14518

1.96 - 0.71 according to this, the highest being 0.45 (Bamford in the 11th minute which I don't actually remember). That's not a good return from 25 shots, but even then you'd have expected them to do better. They only got 4 on target and some of the misses were shocking

Don't know why I quoted myself xD meant to quote you @El Profesor

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

That is dreadful. I think some of the comments about Arteta have been a little harsh but it’s getting harder to defend him. 

He has been there for a year now and his style of play is dreadful as the stats show.  I highly doubt he was given the job if everyone knew he be playing these tactics, the only thing which is saving him is that there are no fans. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived