talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 0-0 Arsenal - Sunday 22nd November, 2020

football forum

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf this was all true before Arteta came in

Expected goals has decreased tremendously since Emery left. At a drastic rate too. I posted a graph a while back comparing Emery and Arteta in the final third. Shocking. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Expected goals has decreased tremendously since Emery left. At a drastic rate too. I posted a graph a while back comparing Emery and Arteta in the final third. Shocking. 

Arteta does play a lot more defensive football because he’s basically a low budget Simeone

On 24/11/2020 at 12:31, RandoEFC said:

At some point you've got to stick with a manager. Arsenal's style of play has been worse under him a lot of the time but he's inherited an expensive and imbalanced squad. You've got to have some sympathy.

Arsenal's major problem over the last few years has been a poor mentality and tactical ineptitude in big games. Arteta has actually done really well in those games for an inexperienced manager, even if it has been ugly at times. He hasn't exactly had a lot of time to build his own side, I think you need to give him a few transfer windows. When a manager is brought in to achieve instant results then they should be judged early on, but Arteta's job is a rebuild and he's barely been able to get started on it yet, you can't call him a failure at this point.

The squad is not unbalanced anymore it is  Arteta has made it unbalanced due to his tactics that is the huge problem.  The only thing that Arsenal are missing is an attacking midfielder, Ozil is obviously still there but whatever has gone on between Ozil, Arteta or the club itself we will not know.  Arteta is sooo defensive that his tactics are unable to break teams down unless its a counter attacking against teams that will attack us. The ball is just not going in to the channels of the attacking players, we do have other attacking players that can play but he sticks to a rigid midfield with no creativity.

There is no excuse to play these tactics every game due to the signings of Partey and Gabriel, I just think it is Artetas inexperience which is costing the club and the fear of losing that we have lost the balance in our attacking play.  The sooner he is gone is the better, I have never seen such dreadful football at Arsenal, he is only getting away with it as there are no fans on his back and when they are back in the stadiums they will not put up with that garbage.    

Archived