talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-0 Leicester City - Sunday 22nd November, 2020

football forum

1 minute ago, Stan said:

So after all that fuss about Liverpool having the worst injury crisis since football began, they've managed to start Alisson, Robertson, Matip, Fabinho and Milner. The first 3 playing in their normal positions, Fabinho who's played there before and Milner who's deputised at right back before too. 

And Jota, Firmino and Mane as a front 3.

Still not having it as if we don't beat them we've cast some kind of shame on ourselves or the league. That's still a formidable team Liverpool can put out :what:

I think there was only one being dramatic saying that

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I worry about our team is being without players like Henderson, or even Thiago, who set a certain standard. It's something that was missing in that horrific Villa display. At least Milner is starting I suppose

Big night for Jones and Keita needs a big performance too.

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think there was only one being dramatic saying that

Im guessing you mean me? 

I did say on a few occasions that I was absolutely exaggerating and that I still think (even with the injuries etc) that whoever finishes above us will win the league. 

We will finish in the top 2 in my opinion, regardless of tonight's result.

19 minutes ago, Stan said:

So after all that fuss about Liverpool having the worst injury crisis since football began, they've managed to start Alisson, Robertson, Matip, Fabinho and Milner. The first 3 playing in their normal positions, Fabinho who's played there before and Milner who's deputised at right back before too. 

And Jota, Firmino and Mane as a front 3.

Still not having it as if we don't beat them we've cast some kind of shame on ourselves or the league. That's still a formidable team Liverpool can put out :what:

Vardy should be having a field day with that backline. None of Gomez/VVD’s pace, 2 makeshift defenders, and no Fabinho in the midfield... so a weaker midfield than normal.

10 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The only thing I worry about our team is being without players like Henderson, or even Thiago, who set a certain standard. It's something that was missing in that horrific Villa display. At least Milner is starting I suppose

Big night for Jones and Keita needs a big performance too.

Agree with this. We lose a lot of creativity with Alexander-Arnold being out, so the midfield will have to pick up some slack and Keita's the most creative player in there. I expect we'll lean on him a bit

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

I'd probably argue his arm was in an "expected position", plus did it ricochet off your player? Surprised more wasn't made of it though

He moves his arm out though :what:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived