• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 3-0 Leicester City - Sunday 22nd November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Said about 20 mins ago Firmino would score. 

Not that we'd have expected to win but this has been rubbish all round. Very poor. 

If Barnes scores at 1-0 might be different but very much doubt it. Liverpool far too strong today. 

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Some of our own really need to stop underestimating this side

Ive said all along we are the team to beat if you want to win the title. City are there for the taking as well. Spurs look solid this season but I just feel either Kane or Son pick up an injury and they will fall away. 

I think we will retain the title though.

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Ive said all along we are the team to beat if you want to win the title. City are there for the taking as well. Spurs look solid this season but I just feel either Kane or Son pick up an injury and they will fall away. 

I think we will retain the title though.

The Villa result has distorted a lot of people's thinking. Of course the injury to Van Dijk doesn't help anyone's confidence but that centre back pairing is still better than most in the league

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

The Villa result has distorted a lot of people's thinking. Of course the injury to Van Dijk doesn't help anyone's confidence but that centre back pairing is still better than most in the league

The Jota signing is proving to be a great coup. 

So far, he's had the impact that I thought Thiago would have, being the outsider that brings some freshness to the squad. I really think Liverpool needed a new player to bring something different to the table and Jota has been that guy.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Alexander Arnold gets a lot of praise for his delivery and passing, rightly but Robertson isn’t far off and is better defensively. Just as good a player. 

I'd agree, in fact I can't think of a better LB to be honest. Love him. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Said about 20 mins ago Firmino would score. 

Not that we'd have expected to win but this has been rubbish all round. Very poor. 

If Barnes scores at 1-0 might be different but very much doubt it. Liverpool far too strong today. 

Glad he did. Really should've bagged a hat trick with the chances he had. In other games those could have been the difference. I hope he can lift that efficiency in front of goal.

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Give credit where its due, Curtis Jones played really well today. 

Curtis was excellent. I look forward to seeing more from him. The injuries within the squad give him a real chance to get some more time.

55 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

The Jota signing is proving to be a great coup. 

So far, he's had the impact that I thought Thiago would have, being the outsider that brings some freshness to the squad. I really think Liverpool needed a new player to bring something different to the table and Jota has been that guy.

Totally agree. He's been about as good as you could hope any new signing would ever be. Finding the net with regularity.

55 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Alexander Arnold gets a lot of praise for his delivery and passing, rightly but Robertson isn’t far off and is better defensively. Just as good a player. 

He's less fancy than Trent but I don't think many fans would swap him for any other left back...

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

Seeing this back again I'm amazed this wasn't given. Clear movement of the hand to the ball to almost bat it away. Not even one of those that looks worse in slow motion. 

I maintain it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, mind. But its still annoying to have that kind of decision go against you. 

39 minutes ago, Stan said:

Seeing this back again I'm amazed this wasn't given. Clear movement of the hand to the ball to almost bat it away. Not even one of those that looks worse in slow motion. 

I maintain it wouldn't have changed the outcome of the game, mind. But its still annoying to have that kind of decision go against you. 

I think his hand is coming up to grapple with Maddison, to be fair, but I do sympathise. I'd be pissed off if it was the other way around

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Yeah I agree with you, I’d be pissed off if it was one of your defenders that got a hand on it. I’m still not sure it was an “intentional” handball but under the new rules that should be a penalty.

I do think we were a lot better than you today and maybe it wouldn’t have made a difference. It would/could have changed the momentum if you got a penalty and scored it though - we’ll never know what happened.

It was reviewed by the VAR ref though... so your prediction from earlier ended up being right xD

I was honestly surprised by that performance - I thought it would be more disjoint. Didn’t expect our midfield to be in as much control at all - and that really minimised the threat I thought Vardy would pose to our defense. Pleasantly surprised though.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Storts said:

Was watching the NFL so just seen the final score... how bad were Leicester if even Firmino managed to score?!

Firmino always scores past us. Does my head in.

We were embarrassingly bad. I suppose it wasn't a huge shock - their depth is stronger than ours, but to threaten them as little as that is worrying, the boxing day game against them was the easiest win they had last season and I doubt they'll have one much easier than that earlier this year either.

Archived