Liverpool 3-0 Leicester City - Sunday 22nd November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
12 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Jesus... someone's in a mood today o.O

Again, I'll refer you back to the thing about other members being grown-ups. You're the one who picked this argument. I've actually taken back the main thing you took issue with because I'm trying to meet halfway instead of picking a side and then trying to bait the other into "having a meltdown" by making silly comments like this one and the others I highlighted earlier.

Laugh it off if you want, enough other people will. If that's how you want to act on the forum then that's absolutely fine, honestly. You're entertaining far more often than tedious like you're being now, and when you take the Liverpool/Everton axis out of it, I tend to agree with most of what you have to say on VAR and other teams and stuff. But after spending all day every day with teenagers, my appetite for getting stuck into the partisan stuff when I come on here in the evening is pretty limited personally, and that's fine too, each to their own.

But the facts of this case are, I commented on something that was relevant to the thread, you and Gonzo both came back with catty, irrelevant comments about Everton, and now you're trying to make out that I'm the one who has lost his head or gone off track "like my team" or whatever it was you said.

Put it this way, we've had some cracking debates on here about all sorts over the years. I'm finding it really hard to have a sensible debate with you lot lately because it keeps descending into this and it makes me not want to bother commenting in the first place, and if you're not arsed about that then fine, but I think it's a shame because where we used to have a decent balance of honest debate and also having a laugh with some banter (apart from when Cannabis started doing "always the victims" sort of things), at the moment things feel pretty toxic. And this isn't me trying to guilt trip anyone or win the argument by taking some moral high ground, it's just my take on it.

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Again, I'll refer you back to the thing about other members being grown-ups. You're the one who picked this argument. I've actually taken back the main thing you took issue with because I'm trying to meet halfway instead of picking a side and then trying to bait the other into "having a meltdown" by making silly comments like this one and the others I highlighted earlier.

Laugh it off if you want, enough other people will. If that's how you want to act on the forum then that's absolutely fine, honestly. You're entertaining far more often than tedious like you're being now, and when you take the Liverpool/Everton axis out of it, I tend to agree with most of what you have to say on VAR and other teams and stuff. But after spending all day every day with teenagers, my appetite for getting stuck into the partisan stuff when I come on here in the evening is pretty limited personally, and that's fine too, each to their own.

But the facts of this case are, I commented on something that was relevant to the thread, you and Gonzo both came back with catty, irrelevant comments about Everton, and now you're trying to make out that I'm the one who has lost his head or gone off track "like my team" or whatever it was you said.

Put it this way, we've had some cracking debates on here about all sorts over the years. I'm finding it really hard to have a sensible debate with you lot lately because it keeps descending into this and it makes me not want to bother commenting in the first place, and if you're not arsed about that then fine, but I think it's a shame because where we used to have a decent balance of honest debate and also having a laugh with some banter (apart from when Cannabis started doing "always the victims" sort of things), at the moment things feel pretty toxic. And this isn't me trying to guilt trip anyone or win the argument by taking some moral high ground, it's just my take on it.

Hang on a minute Mr perfect, you were the one coming on here with little dig comments setting it all off....

Yeah fuck off with calling me catty if you're going to be posting shite like that considering we DO have 6 injuries to likely starters... and we did just get another fucking injury in the very match. Of course, I'll respond in kind to that sort of shite. And yeah, I'll take the piss with emojis when you say Jordan Henderson's not a key player for us.

• Subscriber

The comment wasn't aimed at either of you, or even aimed at Liverpool fans or anyone in particular. It was aimed back at people and media, some Liverpool fans, some not, and a general narrative that was formed around Liverpool's injury crisis. My point was simple "I told you so, Liverpool were going to be fine". If anything that's actually a compliment towards your team. I didn't quote or tag a single one of you in it, and I've fully explained the Henderson thing and adjusted what I originally said because @LFCMike made perfectly legitimate counter-points. That's how this forum usually works.

I couldn't be less arsed about who's "right" or who "wins the argument" here. My motivation is purely wanting to be able to have a fair debate with you both again which is just getting impossible when it comes to our clubs. It's not working though is it, so I'm done here, even though I know I'll get sucked into replying again in less than 10 minutes.

Yeah I don't think Rando has said a lot wrong here. He's acknowledged the point about Henderson and you can't really argue against his point that Alisson, Van Dijk, the full backs and Salah and Mane are Liverpool's absolute key players such is our options in midfield. That's not to say Henderson isn't important just that Liverpool have more quality alternatives than they do in other positions

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The comment wasn't aimed at either of you, or even aimed at Liverpool fans or anyone in particular. It was aimed back at people and media, some Liverpool fans, some not, and a general narrative that was formed around Liverpool's injury crisis. My point was simple "I told you so, Liverpool were going to be fine". If anything that's actually a compliment towards your team. I didn't quote or tag a single one of you in it, and I've fully explained the Henderson thing and adjusted what I originally said because @LFCMike made perfectly legitimate counter-points. That's how this forum usually works.

I couldn't be less arsed about who's "right" or who "wins the argument" here. My motivation is purely wanting to be able to have a fair debate with you both again which is just getting impossible when it comes to our clubs. It's not working though is it, so I'm done here, even though I know I'll get sucked into replying again in less than 10 minutes.

Yeah, I'd want to be able to have a fair debate with you - but when I made my point about Henderson and Thiago you didn't really seem to want to have a debate with me at all. Which I really don't know why you responded like that really? Maybe because of the way I referred to Thiago getting under your skin because it's disparaging to Richarlison?

But that's not like a radical departure from my always-LFC-biased way of posting... and I think I still made a fair point about us having 6 injuries to starting players (and I'd expect pretty much any side to have issues with 6 starters out, so I don't think anyone could have reasonably expected us to look as comfortable in this match at all).

But anyway, rather than actually discuss my points you basically told me that I was wrong and just wanting to feel sorry for myself and that you were done with the fucking discussion.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Thiago has been here 5 minutes and Henderson isn't even a guaranteed starter. I'm not having "absolute key players" for both of those two. I'll let you have one of them because they would have started ahead of Jones. This is not an argument I'm at all arsed about to be honest though so have all 6 if you still need to feel sorry for yourselves, I've had my say.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, I'd want to be able to have a fair debate with you - but when I made my point about Henderson and Thiago you didn't really seem to want to have a debate with me at all. Which I really don't know why you responded like that really? Maybe because of the way I referred to Thiago getting under your skin because it's disparaging to Richarlison?

But that's not like a radical departure from my always-LFC-biased way of posting... and I think I still made a fair point about us having 6 injuries to starting players (and I'd expect pretty much any side to have issues with 6 starters out, so I don't think anyone could have reasonably expected us to look as comfortable in this match at all).

But anyway, rather than actually discuss my points you basically told me that I was wrong and just wanting to feel sorry for myself and that you were done with the fucking discussion.

It's not the fact it's disparaging to Richarlison, but the derby was 6 weeks ago or something now and I've reached the point where bringing it up again is only going to get an eye roll from me I'm afraid. I had three posts to respond to at once, two of them pointlessly tried to make it about Everton again so I prioritised the one that actually concentrated on making fair points, and in responding to Mike I think I more or less clarified the issue over the Henderson points that you both took issue with. 

I suppose the feeling sorry for yourself comment was pretty annoying and catty itself, fair enough. In my defence, from my point of view I've come and made an off hand comment about the result of a game I didn't watch and next time I login I've been quoted by all three of you and two of you were already on the front foot with the Red vs Blue turf war.

Some of the stuff that followed is just uncalled for really, probably from me as well, I don't know. I'm not having MadLad telling me I'm the one in a mood or going off the rails when I've only responded to the posts that quoted me directly and tried to explain my reasoning. It's akin to that phase where people would just call each other rattled for having a different opinion to try and get the other person to have a meltdown and look stupid.

I didn't say that you were wrong either, only that I disagreed with you and I wasn't bothered enough about it to have a debate, especially as we were only arguing over wording at the end of the day.

It's ridiculous to me that we're even having this exchange to be honest but everything I said on the previous page is genuine and not a part of this argument. We've had about 3-4 shitty arguments since the derby and that timing isn't a coincidence, I just can't be arsed with it anymore to be honest. It's not what I log in for and I have no desire to instigate a situation where people are telling me to fuck off and giving me shit. As soon as the derby stuff gets dragged up yet again I know this is our destination, which is why next time I should just have some common sense and stay out of Liverpool threads for a while, or at least duck out when we end up on this road, which is a shame but then at least we can waste less of our time on this.

9 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

It's not the fact it's disparaging to Richarlison, but the derby was 6 weeks ago or something now and I've reached the point where bringing it up again is only going to get an eye roll from me I'm afraid. I had three posts to respond to at once, two of them pointlessly tried to make it about Everton again so I prioritised the one that actually concentrated on making fair points, and in responding to Mike I think I more or less clarified the issue over the Henderson points that you both took issue with. 

I suppose the feeling sorry for yourself comment was pretty annoying and catty itself, fair enough. In my defence, from my point of view I've come and made an off hand comment about the result of a game I didn't watch and next time I login I've been quoted by all three of you and two of you were already on the front foot with the Red vs Blue turf war.

Some of the stuff that followed is just uncalled for really, probably from me as well, I don't know. I'm not having MadLad telling me I'm the one in a mood or going off the rails when I've only responded to the posts that quoted me directly and tried to explain my reasoning. It's akin to that phase where people would just call each other rattled for having a different opinion to try and get the other person to have a meltdown and look stupid.

I didn't say that you were wrong either, only that I disagreed with you and I wasn't bothered enough about it to have a debate, especially as we were only arguing over wording at the end of the day.

It's ridiculous to me that we're even having this exchange to be honest but everything I said on the previous page is genuine and not a part of this argument. We've had about 3-4 shitty arguments since the derby and that timing isn't a coincidence, I just can't be arsed with it anymore to be honest. It's not what I log in for and I have no desire to instigate a situation where people are telling me to fuck off and giving me shit. As soon as the derby stuff gets dragged up yet again I know this is our destination, which is why next time I should just have some common sense and stay out of Liverpool threads for a while, or at least duck out when we end up on this road, which is a shame but then at least we can waste less of our time on this.

To be honest mate, having read back through this, it actually looks like we are only one player short of totally agreeing. That player being Thiago, which is highly debatable anyway. And I can totally see your argument about him not being a key player seeing as he's barely played for us yet, its just frustrating on our part because I think when he is fit he'll be a mainstay in the midfield. 

Anyway, all this seems a bit 'storm in a teacup' to be honest. Im sure we can all move on and agree that we actually all agree to an extent xD

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be honest mate, having read back through this, it actually looks like we are only one player short of totally agreeing. That player being Thiago, which is highly debatable anyway. And I can totally see your argument about him not being a key player seeing as he's barely played for us yet, its just frustrating on our part because I think when he is fit he'll be a mainstay in the midfield. 

Anyway, all this seems a bit 'storm in a teacup' to be honest. Im sure we can all move on and agree that we actually all agree to an extent xD

That's fine. The derby is probably the only time I've seen Thiago play and he was class to be fair, possibly even your best player on the day. Outside of that, you know better than me about your squad, but I do think there has to be a line where you've got first choice players, and above that you've got "absolutely key" players. For you guys, I think the absolutely key players are Alisson, Van Dijk, TAA, Robertson, Mane, Salah. Maybe Thiago is in there as well but I don't think losing him or Henderson on their own is quite as bad as losing one of those six, so that's where I'd draw the line between "absolutely key" and "important first team player" but I do agree that having Thiago, Henderson (and Keita?) all missing and having to play Jones is the same, maybe worse, as missing one of the six players I mentioned. Just my opinion but as you lot watch them every week it's not a hill I'm willing to die on. 

14 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Yeah I don't think Rando has said a lot wrong here. He's acknowledged the point about Henderson and you can't really argue against his point that Alisson, Van Dijk, the full backs and Salah and Mane are Liverpool's absolute key players such is our options in midfield. That's not to say Henderson isn't important just that Liverpool have more quality alternatives than they do in other positions

Pretty much agreed.

If I'm guessing the lineup I don't take for granted Hendo or Thiago the same as I would the front 3 or 4 of the back 5.

I would expect Fabinho to be our most secure midfielder, followed by Hendo then Thiago then Gini, then Naby then Milner. 

The big distinction in our injuries is some of the players out we don't have very good backup options for, like Virgil or Trent. Others play in positions where we are spoilt for choice.

I will never stop moaning about Virgil being out though because I love him and the thought of him out for a year makes me want to cry.

Archived