talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

It's About Time

football forum

Hi everyone. Glad to see (nearly) everyone's here still, and a fair few new faces too!

I've gone by a few names around here, but I'm sure you'll be most familiar with my name back of TFF, or maybe my first account over here at TF365: @Cure.

It's annoying when you lose touch. It's even more annoying when you forget your log-in details and lose access to your old e-mail address. I was here at the start and quite active at that, but I fell off this train when I started at University. I'm still here - just - and considering doing a PhD. Fun times.

I've found I've adopted Everton as a team in recent times, and was going to visit Goodison Park for the first time before COVID kicked off. I have my reasons; I'd say 90% of the friends I've made since turning 18 have been huge Kopites and they get on my nerves with their gloating. It's worked against me: a girl I was dating took me to meet her parents and her dad kicked me out because I cheered when Atletico knocked them out of the Champions League. Yeah, I know. I've yet to get properly into the swing of things but it'll be fun to follow a club whose cause appeals to me. Let's hope Leicester smash them this weekend.

Look forward to being active and hope to build some strong rapport with you all!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Welcome back to the forums!

Hope you can stick around for now :D 

I'll be sure to mate! I remember the great banter around here.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Quick question - did you walk from down south up to Liverpool?

Sadly not - but I pretty much trekked from Greenwich to Brentford last year. Went on a bar crawl and ended up having my card blocked by the bank so I couldn't get money out to catch a train. Asked a taxi driver for directions and he ended up sending me up to Griffin Park. So I can now safely say I've walked to Brentford... :D

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, RBPDT said:

Hi everyone. Glad to see (nearly) everyone's here still, and a fair few new faces too!

I've gone by a few names around here, but I'm sure you'll be most familiar with my name back of TFF, or maybe my first account over her at TF365: CFCLoyal or @Cure.

It's annoying when you lose touch. It's even more annoying when you forget your log-in details and lose access to your old e-mail address. I was here at the start and quite active at that, but I fell off this train when I started at University. I'm still here - just - and considering doing a PhD. Fun times.

I've found I've adopted Everton as a team in recent times, and was going to visit Goodison Park for the first time before COVID kicked off. I have my reasons; I'd say 90% of the friends I've made since turning 18 have been huge Kopites and they get on my nerves with their gloating. It's worked against me: a girl I was dating took me to meet her parents and her dad kicked me out because I cheered when Atletico knocked them out of the Champions League. Yeah, I know. I've yet to get properly into the swing of things but it'll be fun to follow a club whose cause appeals to me. Let's hope Leicester smash them this weekend.

Look forward to being active and hope to build some strong rapport with you all!

Welcome back.

That’s pathetic that he kicked you out, what the heck?! Are you being serious xD

Just now, JOSHBRFC said:

Welcome back.

That’s pathetic that he kicked you out, what the heck?! Are you being serious xD

Yeah. I was in Coventry at the time and had been on a few dates with his daughter. She brought me over to meet her parents as we'd talked about taking things to the next level. He just kicked off when I cheered after seeing Liverpool were out. He then apologised and offered to take me home. In the car he told me I wasn't welcome in their house again. We stopped talking not too long after. Massive shame.

• Administrator
Just now, RBPDT said:

Yeah. I was in Coventry at the time and had been on a few dates with his daughter. She brought me over to meet her parents as we'd talked about taking things to the next level. He just kicked off when I cheered after seeing Liverpool were out. He then apologised and offered to take me home. In the car he told me I wasn't welcome in their house again. We stopped talking not too long after. Massive shame.

8 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Welcome back.

Was definitely @LFCMadLad

2 hours ago, RBPDT said:

I've gone by a few names around here, but I'm sure you'll be most familiar with my name back of TFF, or maybe my first account over her at TF365: CFCLoyal or @Cure.

Welcome back. Goodison Park is great. The stairs are a bit steep though, I'm sure you'll love it when you can go there. :D

I finished my course at Uni this year. I don't envy you at the moment, it must be really hard. Good luck!

13 minutes ago, Deco said:

Welcome back. Goodison Park is great. The stairs are a bit steep though, I'm sure you'll love it when you can go there. :D

I finished my course at Uni this year. I don't envy you at the moment, it must be really hard. Good luck!

It sure is pal, it sure is. At least I'm not doing my PhD yet: that'd make the whole experience a nightmare. You can't do anything without them checking up on you and enforcing procedure. They close the library overnight so I feel like I'm being made homeless on the daily haha. It's not easy at all but I think I'll manage for now.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, RBPDT said:

It's annoying when you lose touch. It's even more annoying when you forget your log-in details and lose access to your old e-mail address. I was here at the start and quite active at that, but I fell off this train when I started at University. I'm still here - just - and considering doing a PhD.

xD you were @Walker and I made a thread called members you miss and quoted this...

Then we had members that suddenly returned from the old Forum which I was not around then like @Walker aka @Cure who started posting again last year and then stopped posting.

Welcome home...AGAIN :congrats:

Walker.thumb.png.a083ab8cef2f5dfe23b7423dd04ea643.png

3 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

xD you were @Walker and I made a thread called members you miss and quoted this...

Then we had members that suddenly returned from the old Forum which I was not around then like @Walker aka @Cure who started posting again last year and then stopped posting.

Welcome home...AGAIN :congrats:

Walker.thumb.png.a083ab8cef2f5dfe23b7423dd04ea643.png

I don't actually remember that! Seeing the time on it I realise why - I had a very abusive girlfriend at the time. Was struggling to get away from her and had fallen into quite a bad slumber no matter how chirpy I came across in that time. Glad to be away from that psycho now. Either way those details are lost somewhere too haha.

Thanks for your welcome pal!

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, RBPDT said:

I don't actually remember that! Seeing the time on it I realise why - I had a very abusive girlfriend at the time. Was struggling to get away from her and had fallen into quite a bad slumber no matter how chirpy I came across in that time. Glad to be away from that psycho now. Either way those details are lost somewhere too haha.

Nice to get an old member back again, keep on posting and I am glad you got away from the psycho as you called her xD

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wb2wg5r3b19nx23jf6

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, RBPDT said:

8 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Nice to get an old member back again, keep on posting and I am glad you got away from the psycho as you called her xD

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wb2wg5r3b19nx23jf6

Nice of John to make light of abusive relationships there with a gif xD

Good to hear you got out of it @RBPDT

Archived