talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A

football forum

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Shit lineups or not, I find Fernando Santos' Portugal side very interesting tactically. I enjoyed them at the Euro's despite most of their games being low scoring. Hopefully they win the whole thing here.

I wouldn't mind Portugal or...Chile actually to win it. 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Eco said:

I wouldn't mind Portugal or...Chile actually to win it. 

Anyone but Chile or Mexico to me.

Please not those 2. I'm not worried about Mexico as to me they don't have a chance. Chile on the other hand...

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Please not those 2. I'm not worried about Mexico as to me they don't have a chance. Chile on the other hand...

Oh course I want anyone but Mexico, but I do like Chile. Got pull for Medel. 

Mexico ties it up thank to Chicarito. 

1-1

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Eco said:

LIkely will. I'm all for getting the call right, but I think offsides can sometimes be up the ref's descrection. If a guy is offside, but no where near the ball, are they are going start calling those too? 

The VAR was obviously the correct call, and I'm glad they got it right, but I wonder how they will handle it when it's not as obvious. 

this was the problem. There were errors being made by officials which had a direct consequence on the outcome of the game. This is what they want to eradicate. 

8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Also, will they look at goals that were clearly scored but the ref incorrectly put off the offside flag? 

i think they'll let the play continue to see if a goal is scored or likely to be scored and then review it if necessary. So yeah it'll work both ways.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Bold words my friend

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bold words my friend

Not really, and I'm not going to argue here as I'm watching the game. Mexico to me is Paraguay's level, going on a big unbeaten run vs Jamaica, Honduras, Panama and Trinidad isn't really impressive.

You can have your own prediction but to me there is no chance in hell that Mexico is better than Germany B, Portugal or Chile.

1 minute ago, Machado said:

Our u21 + Ronaldo would be better than this.

From the little I have seen, and all I have heard, I am pretty sure you are absolutely correct. 

Yeah I'd agree with that too. I don't think Portugal have been that poor but they could have a much better lineup. Reminds me of modern day Tabarez,

5 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Not really, and I'm not going to argue here as I'm watching the game. Mexico to me is Paraguay's level, going on a big unbeaten run vs Jamaica, Honduras, Panama and Trinidad isn't really impressive.

You can have your own prediction but to me there is no chance in hell that Mexico is better than Germany B, Portugal or Chile.

Man for man, of course not. But as a team, Mexico have always impressed me. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

From the little I have seen, and all I have heard, I am pretty sure you are absolutely correct. 

In addition we have plenty of players who could be playing in the u21 euro but instead were called for this competition, only to stay on the bench "gaining experience".

I would change most of the line up for this game.

Rui Patricio

Nelson Semedo - Pepe - Fonte - Guerreiro

Danilo

Bernardo Silva - Pizzi - Adrien

André Silva - Ronaldo

Mexico having more ball possession, but we seem to create danger more easily than they do. Some of our players have been shocking though, especially Raphael. 

I'm confident we'll score a couple of more goals and win this.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, HoneyNUFC said:

I see the Russians haven't bothered with this game either. 

The prices should be set to fill the stadiums. The locals should want to see Ronaldo. 

Perhaps if we have the games on an ice rink they might be arsed.

free vodka should work as well.

9 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You can't blame them, the Confederations Cup is hardly the pinnicle of world football. 

I remember decent crowd coming up for the last one in Brazil but again that was Brazil and no one sended their B-team last time

11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You can't blame them, the Confederations Cup is hardly the pinnicle of world football. 

Part time supporters. If it was happening in my city I'd be there.

Cristiano Ronaldo is there. What more do they want? Hugo Viana?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived