talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group A

football forum

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on that match, its Chile's tournament to lose. Germany have a strong squad but I'm not convinced it will perform off the fly. They'll need to gel first. If Portugal make it to the knockouts, they'll win it again. Mexico deserved that draw, but they created nothing for all the possession they had. Chicharito had a poor game for me. 

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

Bloody hell you don't half talk some shit about Mexico Brian. You moan about Teso but you do the exact same thing 

Teso comments aside as I rather not come in contact with him here, Mexico doesn't impress me. They are capable of giving anyone a game as the other CONMEBOL nations bar Bolivia can, but their fans are largely arrogant, and I can't help but bring them down to earth. They are about our level really. Who is better? Don't know and don't care. However I won't deny that I don't like them but I try to be as realistic as I can.

I predicted them to beat Chile last year, how wrong was I.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Teso comments aside as I rather not come in contact with him here, Mexico doesn't impress me. They are capable of giving anyone a game as the other CONMEBOL nations bar Bolivia can, but their fans are largely arrogant, and I can't help but bring them down to earth. They are about our level really. Who is better? Don't know and don't care. However I won't deny that I don't like them but I try to be as realistic as I can.

I predicted them to beat Chile last year, how wrong was I.

They are not about your level though, they're several levels above. Consistently do well in major tournaments, and good results against better sides. 

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

They are not about your level though, they're several levels above. Consistently do well in major tournaments, and good results against better sides. 

They are about our level.

They qualify with shit opposition, and you say that ignoring our third place in 2015 and 2011 Copa America's (also the fact that we haven't gone out in the groups since 1995 in harder groups than what they get in the WC) as well as our good results against better sides.

I've said this before and will say it again, saying that Mexico is better than some South Americans who don't qualify is like saying that Ludogorets was better than Chelsea last season because Ludogorets was in Europe and Chelsea wasn't.

I don't care who is better but to suggest they aren't about our level, at least not now anyways is a good reason why they never get to the quarters - arrogance.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

They are about our level.

They qualify with shit opposition, and you say that ignoring our third place in 2015 and 2011 Copa America's (also the fact that we haven't gone out in the groups since 1995 in harder groups than what they get in the WC) as well as our good results against better sides.

I've said this before and will say it again, saying that Mexico is better than some South Americans who don't qualify is like saying that Ludogorets was better than Chelsea last season because Ludogorets was in Europe and Chelsea wasn't.

I don't care who is better but to suggest they aren't about our level, at least not now anyways is a good reason why they never get to the quarters - arrogance.

xD okay Lib. 

I wouldn't be gloating about World Cups if I was Mexican. They're best attempt is the quarter final. Been knocked out in the round of 16 last 6 times. 

Costa Rica, Ghana, Paraguay, Ukraine, USA, South Korea, Turkey, Senegal, Denmark, Romania, Bulgaria are some of the teams that have progressed further than them in that time. 

They haven't had a good player since Hugo Sanchez. 

3 minutes ago, HK85 said:

I wouldn't be gloating about World Cups if I was Mexican. They're best attempt is the quarter final. Been knocked out in the round of 16 last 6 times. 

Costa Rica, Ghana, Paraguay, Ukraine, USA, South Korea, Turkey, Senegal, Denmark, Romania, Bulgaria are some of the teams that have progressed further than them in that time. 

They haven't had a good player since Hugo Sanchez. 

Lets not forget how they do in every Copa America. I can excuse them in 2011 but in 2015 and 2016 they had none.

Like I said its harder to qualify against Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Colombia, Chile and other nations who can give anyone a game rather than teams like Trinidad, Jamaica, Panama, and Honduras. 

But you know, if they beat Trinidad 6-0 they are a top top team.

Can't feel nothing, but the fact that we lost 2 points.

Some players didn't looked like they were bothered with the game. 

Best players on the pitch for us were Cédric, William and Quaresma. Worst were Raphael, Fonte and Nani.

Next game is a must win and I feel it will be more complicated than today's game. 

There are ridiculous headlines and news articles on how Mexico will lose via suspension if their fans yell "puto" in these games.

I'm personally not going to believe it. As much as I can't stand Mexican NT fans, losing a game because of something done verbally via the stands is madness.

I couldn't care less about the chant. 

Its stupid and disrespectful but they can't be suspending teams for something the team doesn't do. Even though I hate the Mexican NT, I rather see them lose on the pitch than losing by default.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I couldn't care less about the chant. 

Its stupid and disrespectful but they can't be suspending teams for something the team doesn't do. Even though I hate the Mexican NT, I rather see them lose on the pitch than losing by default.

It's a stupid chant. There is no business with it in the game, but it's not the Mexican's NT that should be punished.

Just now, Eco said:

It's a stupid chant. There is no business with it in the game, but it's not the Mexican's NT that should be punished.

Agreed. Boca got suspended against River because the fans hurt the players with pepper sprays. That I can accept a loss, but something verbal shouldn't warrant that punishment. 

There is no eradication for the chant but to reduce it there has to be another solution.

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Agreed. Boca got suspended against River because the fans hurt the players with pepper sprays. That I can accept a loss, but something verbal shouldn't warrant that punishment. 

There is no eradication for the chant but to reduce it there has to be another solution.

If you think there is nothing you can do to stop it, than giving the team a loss is probably the best way to get it.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived