22nd June - Germany vs Chile, 7pm

25th June - Germany vs Cameroon, 4pm
25th June - Chile vs Australia, 4pm

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible 23 for Mexico

38fc9ce5596ab5d49c44f6d40dab0959.png

Osorio is a great manager but he's picked the wrong squad. The lack of Chivas players will hurt them. Where is Orbelin Pineda, Rodolfo Pizarro and Alan Pulido? 

That's a good set of forwards but everywhere else is weak. Although nice to see Dueñas possibly included in the squad as he was deserving of a place due to recent performances.

@Hugh Jass

Diego Reyes has been excellent in La Liga with both Real Sociedad and especially Espanyol, but he has repeatedly failed to deliver for the NT in the past. Admittedly he has been tried out a few times in a holding midfielder role without success. Hopefully he can bring his club form to the NT this summer. I do worry about the ability of the defence to handle set pieces against stronger opponents from outside CONCACAF, but we'll see. 

Herrera's form has sharply declined for both club (where he has been sitting on the bench since the New Year) and country, so it's a big worry that he will keep his starting place in the team. He needs to find his best form again quickly. Duenas definitely deserved his call after his superb form for Tigres. I'm not sure

It's great to see Vela back in the squad. Hopefully Osorio doesn't keep switching goalkeepers this time. 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Diego Reyes has been excellent in La Liga with both Real Sociedad and especially Espanyol, but he has repeatedly failed to deliver for the NT in the past. Admittedly he has been tried out a few times in a holding midfielder role without success. Hopefully he can bring his club form to the NT this summer. I do worry about the ability of the defence to handle set pieces against stronger opponents from outside CONCACAF, but we'll see. 

Herrera's form has sharply declined for both club (where he has been sitting on the bench since the New Year) and country, so it's a big worry that he will keep his starting place in the team. He needs to find his best form again quickly. Duenas definitely deserved his call after his superb form for Tigres. I'm not sure

It's great to see Vela back in the squad. Hopefully Osorio doesn't keep switching goalkeepers this time. 

Ochoa just needs a decent defence and he'll do well. Not sure if that defence is good enough but its definitely a breath of fresh air for him rather than what he has in front of him at Granada.

Again, the lack of Chivas players is stupid. I highly rate Osorio. He's showing dedication and commitment to the job and plays a really nice game but there is one major flaw during his time at Mexico and that's end product. Again, not having Orbelin Pineda and Rodolfo Pizarro is silly. Alan Pulido could be a shout but they have enough good forwards anyways. 

To me, the Mexicans playing at home are better than the ones in Europe, with a few exceptions.

Chile vs Cameroon shortly. Chile without Alexis. Usually that hurts them but I think it shouldn't be a huge loss against Cameroon. 

No clue how Gonzalo Jara keeps getting games for Chile. There aren't many great Chilean CB's but there have been a few better than him when they took his place.

Anyways, vive le Cameroon!!!

Cameroon have looked dangerous up front, the few times they can get up there because in the midfield they have been completely overpowered. Chile's onslaught didn't last very long, but they'll get a few more in the game and will score a few.

Ondoa has been keeping Cameroon in this match.

Chile have showed the best football in the first 25 out of any of the teams but if they want to make a statement, they need to actually score a few.

VAR has been awful in every tournament its been in so far. It won't improve either as there are too many formulas and there will always be a few flaws no matter what you change. 

It might work in other sports but I am 10000% sure it won't work in football.

Well, it already is shown to be effective considering it got two goals rightfully ruled disallowed tonight. 

People will complain about refs getting it wrong now people will complain that VAR just adds frustration. 

Im all for it, but there has to be a more efficient way of doing it that isn't so delayed 

It won't be pretty if Chile lose this game. After that VAR decision I can see them be sore losers like they usually are.

VAR just takes away from goal celebrations. There have been 3 or 4 goals disallowed this tournament. Why do we have to check for every single goal scored? Seriously takes away from the joy when a goal is scored. There is another flaw thats just occured to me.

I can't boycott the world cup because of this due to what I want to work for, but any normal person would because this is ruining the tournament.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

VAR just takes away from goal celebrations. There have been 3 or 4 goals disallowed this tournament. Why do we have to check for every single goal scored? Seriously takes away from the joy when a goal is scored. There is another flaw thats just occured to me.

I can't boycott the world cup because of this due to what I want to work for, but any normal person would because this is ruining the tournament.

think about it xD 

• Subscriber

I'd rather see some goal celebrations delayed while a goal is being confirmed than see matches and trophies end up in the wrong hands through goals that shouldn't have stood.

It's been made very clear that it will only be used to overrule decisions when there's a "clear or obvious" mistake. Referees need time to work out when they should or shouldn't use it too. 

A joke that people are complaining about VAR five minutes after it was introduced. Give it time. 

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd rather see some goal celebrations delayed while a goal is being confirmed than see matches and trophies end up in the wrong hands through goals that shouldn't have stood.

It's been made very clear that it will only be used to overrule decisions when there's a "clear or obvious" mistake. Referees need time to work out when they should or shouldn't use it too. 

A joke that people are complaining about VAR five minutes after it was introduced. Give it time. 

5 minutes? I've been complaining about it for 3 tournaments now.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

What in like the space of a month? It's brand new. 

Since December, and I'm not going to give it time because I am 100% sure it will hurt the sport more than help it. Every tournament it's been used in has been an inconsistent shambles.

Someone said it very well on Twitter. Soon we won't be celebrating the ripple of the net but rather an LED light flicking. Every goal scored this tournament after the disallowed Pepe goal I decided not to say anything because I just know they are going to check it after. Where's the soul in that? What's the point if celebrating now. It's pointless.

Im willing to give a lot of things time but there's been so much shite so far that I say give it time before people turn against it.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

How many goals get referred to VAR realistically? 10% absolute maximum. 

So far that hasn't been the case. There's been 8 goals and about 4 disallowed. 1 of the legit ones had to be checked. 3 matches.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived