talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B

football forum

Who cares... and to put it simply im not going to stop complaining about this because i care about the sport. I am very respecting about others opinions here, but this time I'm not going to because it's simply too diabolical. Anyone who thinks VAR is the solution to refereeing are delusional and just asking for more trouble. I'll wait until the PL implements it and then see how it gets torn apart by others.

If we don't qualify for the World Cup VAR is the last thing I'll complain about.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd rather see some goal celebrations delayed while a goal is being confirmed than see matches and trophies end up in the wrong hands through goals that shouldn't have stood.

It's been made very clear that it will only be used to overrule decisions when there's a "clear or obvious" mistake. Referees need time to work out when they should or shouldn't use it too. 

A joke that people are complaining about VAR five minutes after it was introduced. Give it time. 

Agree with this.

People have been complaining about teams being favoured for years, now we have a system that will put a stop to that and they are complaining as well? Absolute joke.

It should be implemented in every competition. 

1 minute ago, Toony said:

Aussies are going to get a pummelling here.

It doesn't look as bad as it first was going to look. I'm going for a 3-0 win for Germany which is still a big scoreline but not as big as I was thinking when that first goal went in.

Well that lasted. 2-1 now :( 

Its been an even game but its been even because of how lazy Germany have been. Australia haven't threatened much offensively.

This has been an awful showing from Germany. Australia have done nothing and have scored 2 goals. I still think they'll gel soon but it may take 3 or 4 matches.

3-2 now. If Germany had the luck of Australia they would lead 6-0. Australia has had 3 chances this game and Leno has looked a twat for all of them. The first one Leno was in no mans land, the second he let slip under his hands for rogic to score, and the 3rd he spilled straight into Juric's feet.

Strange considering how sharp he is in the Bundesliga, but I recall Zieler was the same when he was called up for internationals

Just now, LaSambadeStGermain said:

This has been an awful showing from Germany. Australia have done nothing and have scored 2 goals. I still think they'll gel soon but it may take 3 or 4 matches.

On the one had Germany are fielding a c team. On the other, they have had the running here, and been lazy and wasteful. The defense doesn't deserve to have 2 goals against their name but Leno has been fucking trash.

Germany won 3-2, but we need to acknowledge just how low the standard was.

Australia had spirit and I can't fault that but they were awful. The saving grace was Juric who had a goal but also helped create space and held up the ball well. Matthew Ryan and Tom Rogic were also good. The rest were awful. Aaron Mooy being one of the best players defensively on the pitch really says something.

Damn, horrendous performance from Bernd Leno. Hopefully Ter Stegen or Trapp will play next time. I still think Timo Horn should have been there instead of Leno. 

On 6/19/2017 at 5:41 PM, Azeem98 said:

I think its stupid that some of the players in the German squad could have been playing in the U21 championship but they were picked to represent as a C-team in a tournament that is labelled as a 'rehearsal'

I think it's crazy Portugal didn't bring along more of their U21 as they could have put together a stronger squad. The Euro U21 Championships doesn't seem as good of an experience as the Confed Cup, especially if you could be chosen on the World Cup team.

18 minutes ago, Eco said:

I think it's crazy Portugal didn't bring along more of their U21 as they could have put together a stronger squad. The Euro U21 Championships doesn't seem as good of an experience as the Confed Cup, especially if you could be chosen on the World Cup team.

I don't agree with that, i maintain that a player should focus on his youth level team then rushed into the senior national squad.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived