• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group B

football forum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Cameroon down to ten men after a VAR review but another one that was debatable for me. Why should one player get a red card in that situation? Both guys went in with a high boot so should they both be sent off?

I've not seen all these controversial other VAR incidents but if that isn't helping it goes to prove that the rules are either too open to interpretation or that the referees don't understand them well enough because we've removed human error or not seeing it clearly as a factor. 

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Cameroon down to ten men after a VAR review but another one that was debatable for me. Why should one player get a red card in that situation? Both guys went in with a high boot so should they both be sent off?

I've not seen all these controversial other VAR incidents but if that isn't helping it goes to prove that the rules are either too open to interpretation or that the referees don't understand them well enough because we've removed human error or not seeing it clearly as a factor. 

Cameroon's #2 tackled Can with his studs. Can didn't hit anyone?

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, True Bender said:

Cameroon's #2 tackled Can with his studs. Can didn't hit anyone?

No but they both put their feet high so if that's what is dangerous then is it right that they only penalise the player who is second to the ball? Then you're just getting sent off because the other guys faster than you. It needs to be clear whether you're getting a red card because you went in with a high boot, or because you went in with a high boot and happened to be slow. 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

No but they both put their feet high so if that's what is dangerous then is it right that they only penalise the player who is second to the ball? Then you're just getting sent off because the other guys faster than you. It needs to be clear whether you're getting a red card because you went in with a high boot, or because you went in with a high boot and happened to be slow. 

Can didn't endager anyone. Look at the direction hs foot was moving.

Few things :

Can Ter Stegen be blamed for the goal?  It was a deflection from close in..he would've had it covered

Got to wonder who will Löw start vs Mexico....

any standout players?   I'm glad Werner netted a few today

i think Löw should not tamper with the lineup here on out. 

On 23/06/2017 at 10:51 PM, Dan said:

I think Chile will win the tournament and I think they're a dark horse to win the World Cup as well.

Granted I expect Germany to be a lot better next year than this year.

If they can't beat us then I'm not sure about those predictions. Granted both sides didn't have their best XI...

• The topic was unpinned

Archived