talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Beer

football forum

I’m sure there was a thread for beer somewhere. 

Got one of those Beer52 boxes the other month on offer for £5.95 and got eight beers, a bag of nuts and a magazine. Never really been into ales or craft beers but I thought I’d give them a go and I really enjoyed them. 

What do we all drink?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

San Miguel
Peroni
Kronenbourg
Heineken
Camden Hells
Sol
Amstel
Corona
Kingfisher
Cobra
Tiger

They'd be my preferred beers or ones that I'd regularly enjoy. If I'm in a bar/pub I'd always want to go for whatever's on tap. 

I can't remember where I had it but I had a Samuel Adams Fresh as Helles somewhere and it was delightful. Never come across it again though.

Not sure if anyone has a Brewhouse & Kitchen near them (if in UK) but I like some beers from there, too - Krombacher and Asahi especially.

Also like some blonde beers - Duvel, Leffe, La Chouffe Soleil are quite nice but don't have them as regularly.

• Subscriber

All the generic brands and then some that we get only here.

• Kingfisher Premium
  • Kings
  • BIRA options

I live about two blocks away from a micro-brewery so we hit it quite when we can and drink whatever they are doing for the month. Last month there was an abomination of pumpkin flavored beer and this month its back down to earth with a nice stout that has local ingredients from some nearby estates. 

• Subscriber

This thread totally reminded me about that bud @nudge xD

Couple of my favourites are Guiness and Innis and Gunn. We have some great craft beer options here as that took off probably 5 years ago or so. For that Id hands down take Dark matter: has the substance of a dark beer but its an easy and great drinker.

Hoyne Brewing Co. – Dark Matter | Beer Me British Columbia

Also for summertime this has been my go to craft for a couple years now, I do love a good hefeweizen as well.

2016_05_BMBC-9427.jpg

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

This thread totally reminded me about that bud @nudge xD

Should have really shipped it before the pandemic, shouldn't I?... xD If it's any consolation, it tasted good though xD 

That Dark Matter beer looks good, a dark one but only 5.3% sounds nice. I really like dark beers, but many of them are just too heavy for me to enjoy more than one.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Should have really shipped it before the pandemic, shouldn't I?... xD If it's any consolation, it tasted good though xD 

That Dark Matter beer looks good, a dark one but only 5.3% sounds nice. I really like dark beers, but many of them are just too heavy for me to enjoy more than one.

Im glad it didnt go to waste at least xD

Exactly! I just love drinking something with substance but after a couple Guiness Ive had several meals. I can drink several of these no problem! they actually expanded into our gov't liquor stores last year too so easily available now! once things straighten out if you have a stable address I could defnitely mail you one!

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im glad it didnt go to waste at least xD

Exactly! I just love drinking something with substance but after a couple Guiness Ive had several meals. I can drink several of these no problem! they actually expanded into our gov't liquor stores last year too so easily available now! once things straighten out if you have a stable address I could defnitely mail you one!

Yay, a beer exchange! :D 

Do you have Köstritzer Bier available in Canada? It's my usual choice when I want a Schwarzbier that is not heavy, tastes goods, and is easily available...

k%C3%B6stritzer.jpg?format=original

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yay, a beer exchange! :D 

Do you have Köstritzer Bier available in Canada? It's my usual choice when I want a Schwarzbier that is not heavy, tastes goods, and is easily available...

k%C3%B6stritzer.jpg?format=original

Definitely never seen it, I just checked the online store and it doesnt appear so. You've got a deal!

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Preliminary delivery date: 2025 xD 

Pretty much :D I think I still have our original message chain.. ill pop you a message down the road, I dont imagine theres any return to anything similar to a normality for at least a year but we'll see how it goes I suppose. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Pretty much :D I think I still have our original message chain.. ill pop you a message down the road, I dont imagine theres any return to anything similar to a normality for at least a year but we'll see how it goes I suppose. 

Hey, at least there's something to look forward to... xD 

Stan’s list is boring and commercial! ;) corona should never be on anyone’s list. It’s beer for those who don’t like beer or using taste buds. 

Having said that I don’t mind a peroni, moretti, etc but I’m mostly about the craft beers. Loads of great aussie pale ales/IPA’s floating about at the moment. Lots of good West Aussie stuff and some good breweries over NSW way too. 

• Administrator
Just now, Toinho said:

Stan’s list is boring and commercial! ;) corona should never be on anyone’s list. It’s beer for those who don’t like beer or using taste buds. 

Having said that I don’t mind a peroni, moretti, etc but I’m mostly about the craft beers. Loads of great aussie pale ales/IPA’s floating about at the moment. Lots of good West Aussie stuff and some good breweries over NSW way too. 

I don't disagree. I do like trying out new beers but do also like my home comforts so to speak! 

I'm just surprised it took 2 days for someone to slate it xD 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I don't disagree. I do like trying out new beers but do also like my home comforts so to speak! 

I'm just surprised it took 2 days for someone to slate it xD 

😂😂 to be honest the following on your list I’ve gone for as preferred beers:

San Miguel
Peroni
Kronenbourg
Heineken

I first discovered Kronenbourg in London. Decent.

• Subscriber

Corona is a shitty beer to drink on its own, but it goes amazingly well with certain foods, and is very refreshing on a hot summer day. Throw a slice of lime in it, perfect. Just don't consider it a beer, it's more in line with radler or shandy and the likes.

I’ve got beer 52 and whilst there are some nice beers, it’s a lot of meh and a lot of craft pale ale type beers that all taste the same.

Guinness is my drink, don’t often deviate from it. But brands that stand out that I’d go for are:

Bierra Moretti

Estrella

One Fifty Lashes

Little Creatures

Camden Pale Ale

Meantime Pale Ale 

I’ll be honest though a lot of the craft ales that come through now taste the same and aren’t really proper drinks you’d want on a session, but good for a quiet drink or to start with

12 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Elsie :x Tasted like shit but loved the branding

17 minutes ago, Danny said:

Elsie :x Tasted like shit but loved the branding

It’s not too bad. Little creatures is a bit better. But I’ve gone off them a bit. Coopers have some good stuff(not WA brewers though boo), feral brewery, and some down in Margaret River way if you went there!

20 minutes ago, Danny said:

I’ve got beer 52 and whilst there are some nice beers, it’s a lot of meh and a lot of craft pale ale type beers that all taste the same.

Guinness is my drink, don’t often deviate from it. But brands that stand out that I’d go for are:

Bierra Moretti

Estrella

One Fifty Lashes

Little Creatures

Camden Pale Ale

Meantime Pale Ale 

I’ll be honest though a lot of the craft ales that come through now taste the same and aren’t really proper drinks you’d want on a session, but good for a quiet drink or to start with

Can you find little creatures and James Squire in England?

7 hours ago, Toinho said:

Can you find little creatures and James Squire in England?

I forgot about Coopers, that was a decent beer.

I have to throw VB in as well but mainly just for the shape of the bottle lol

Ive found Little Creatures here, not in pubs but in supermarkets. Nice little treat every now and then

Archived