Beer

football forum

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, nudge said:

@Viva la FCB thought you might find this one interesting... Recently appeared at the stores here, a dark lager from the original Czech Budvar (the same brewery that makes real Budweiser). Only 4.7%, no sour aftertaste, very very drinkable!

IMG_20210125_012539-01.thumb.jpeg.15ebf9a441f820fae3674f81001507a3.jpegIMG_20210124_011407.thumb.jpg.510c6c19fca98ac5c1284dec88e5e396.jpg

Oohhh I need to try that!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 16/05/2021 at 11:42, Tommy said:

Ni hao! 

Not bad at all this actually. :35_thinking:

IMG_20210516_203921.jpg

It takes me like 10 Tsingtao's to feel drunk.

Drinking in China was outrageous because they were all stunned with how much beer I could drink and I was stunned with how much fucking beer it took me to drink to feel anything.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It takes me like 10 Tsingtao's to feel drunk.

Drinking in China was outrageous because they were all stunned with how much beer I could drink and I was stunned with how much fucking beer it took me to drink to feel anything.

I imagine a crowd forming around you as you drink yet another one, and the Chinese being all like "oooooooooh". 

6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I imagine a crowd forming around you as you drink yet another one, and the Chinese being all like "oooooooooh". 

It was more my Chinese colleagues that were taking me out each night rather than just random people xD

The best beer I'd had in China claimed to be brewed in Germany (that was just about the only thing in English written on the bottle) but it had Chinese branding all over it and I can't remember what the name of it is for the life of me.

The "craft" beers I had in Beijing were fucking shite though, I'd take Tsingtao over that any day.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It was more my Chinese colleagues that were taking me out each night rather than just random people xD

The best beer I'd had in China claimed to be brewed in Germany (that was just about the only thing in English written on the bottle) but it had Chinese branding all over it and I can't remember what the name of it is for the life of me.

The "craft" beers I had in Beijing were fucking shite though, I'd take Tsingtao over that any day.

How long were you in China for? :o I always love to hear stories like this. 

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

10 days, but one of those days was pretty much spent in an airport 

Hated China. But admit i arguably went to the worst place. Pretty sure I only drank tsingtao but I can’t recall much else locally wise.

3 hours ago, Toinho said:

Hated China. But admit i arguably went to the worst place. Pretty sure I only drank tsingtao but I can’t recall much else locally wise.

Where’d you go?

I hated Beijing, but Harbin and Tianjin weren’t so bad. I actually thought Harbin was a pretty cool place tbh. But I went in early January and it was very fucking cold there.

47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Where’d you go?

I hated Beijing, but Harbin and Tianjin weren’t so bad. I actually thought Harbin was a pretty cool place tbh. But I went in early January and it was very fucking cold there.

Beijing. Middle of summer. I love history so that was cool but yeah wouldn’t rush back… have heard good things about south and west China. But yeh I can’t even remember what I was drinking - think I’ve only tried to remember some parts of the trip haha (and it was only 5 days I think). 

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

Beijing. Middle of summer. I love history so that was cool but yeah wouldn’t rush back… have heard good things about south and west China. But yeh I can’t even remember what I was drinking - think I’ve only tried to remember some parts of the trip haha (and it was only 5 days I think). 

I think the most popular drink there is baiju, which I’m not sure exactly what it is… the best way I can describe it is “vodka but Chinese”

Archived