Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Youri Tielemans signs for AS Monaco

Great signing for Monaco, and a great choice of club for the player.

Annoyingly, they've done superbly here ... but ... I suspect this is as a replacement for Lemar

Smart move by both parties it seems. It's rare that a player with the hype of Tielmans stays in his home country for so long. 

brilliant signing. superb talent but points to one of Monaco's midfielders (Bakayoko, Lemar, Silva) leaving. 

I'd imagine he could play as one of the holding pair, or he could play as one of the twin numbers 10s?

Its crazy to think how long he's been a FIFA/FM sensation, considering he's only now 20 and making his big move. 

Monaco are no joke, If they keep recruiting this well and hold on to some of their top players they could go deep in to the Champions league knockouts again or even win it over the next few years. It's also nice to see PSG's dominance of the French league broken.

• Upvote 1

Some of the posts in here didn't age well xD I do sympathise though because I thought exactly the same when they signed him. Cannot believe how pear shaped it's gone for them.

Anyway I'm in this thread because we are being quite heavily linked with him.

16 hours ago, Dan said:

Some of the posts in here didn't age well xD I do sympathise though because I thought exactly the same when they signed him. Cannot believe how pear shaped it's gone for them.

Anyway I'm in this thread because we are being quite heavily linked with him.

Jardim wants Adrien Silva included in the deal apparently.

9 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Jardim wants Adrien Silva included in the deal apparently.

Jorge Mendes working on that loan deal. We'd get Tielemans on loan as well in return apparently.

It's an exciting one for us because he's been touted at some point in his career as something potentially special but there's something a bit iffy about it for me, if he's as good as made out then why would Monaco sell him in a position like theirs? I get the feeling he's a talented player where it hasn't quite materialised for him yet, but the problem for me is while I feel it makes sense for him to move on, I'm not convinced we're the place that's going to bring that out of him. Puel does give opportunities to younger players but I don't actually think many of them are performing that well when you think about it.

If it's a loan with a view to permanent I'm for it.

If it's a loan with a view to a permanent deal that's good for me.

19 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The question is, why?

The midfield isn't good enough or ambitious enough in their play.

He's basically here on loan for the season. Adrien Silva goes the other way. It's a peculiar one.

It's happening. Get this moved!

football forum

What a fall from grace for Tielemans. The hottest kid on the market to running out alongside Wes Morgan.