talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Youri Tielemans

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd imagine he could play as one of the holding pair, or he could play as one of the twin numbers 10s?

Its crazy to think how long he's been a FIFA/FM sensation, considering he's only now 20 and making his big move. 

Monaco are no joke, If they keep recruiting this well and hold on to some of their top players they could go deep in to the Champions league knockouts again or even win it over the next few years. It's also nice to see PSG's dominance of the French league broken.

• 1 year later...
  • Subscriber

Some of the posts in here didn't age well xD I do sympathise though because I thought exactly the same when they signed him. Cannot believe how pear shaped it's gone for them.

Anyway I'm in this thread because we are being quite heavily linked with him.

16 hours ago, Dan said:

Some of the posts in here didn't age well xD I do sympathise though because I thought exactly the same when they signed him. Cannot believe how pear shaped it's gone for them.

Anyway I'm in this thread because we are being quite heavily linked with him.

Jardim wants Adrien Silva included in the deal apparently.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Jardim wants Adrien Silva included in the deal apparently.

Jorge Mendes working on that loan deal. We'd get Tielemans on loan as well in return apparently.

• Subscriber

It's an exciting one for us because he's been touted at some point in his career as something potentially special but there's something a bit iffy about it for me, if he's as good as made out then why would Monaco sell him in a position like theirs? I get the feeling he's a talented player where it hasn't quite materialised for him yet, but the problem for me is while I feel it makes sense for him to move on, I'm not convinced we're the place that's going to bring that out of him. Puel does give opportunities to younger players but I don't actually think many of them are performing that well when you think about it.

If it's a loan with a view to permanent I'm for it.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

One of our players of the season so far for us. What a player. Only 23 as well. Deep-lying playmaker as FM would call it. Perfect position for him to dictate games and shine. Gets the odd goal here or there and assists, but his energy, creativity and composure allows players like Maddison, Barnes & Vardy to do their thing up front in opposition final third. Played a hell of a lot of football this season for us and Belgium. Run of games has done him well.

• The title was changed to Youri Tielemans
21 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing the asking of 'why' earlier in this thread was towards Monaco loaning him out?

More along the lines of getting rid of him in general. Thought Monaco had more ambition after just winning the league. 

Archived