talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 0-2 Newcastle - Friday 27th November, 2020

football forum

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

A match between two clubs that offer very little to the league, no one would tune in to watch Palace as they’re essentially a slightly more interesting Brighton but still not interesting enough and Newcastle have been devoid of anything of note really since the Cisse/Ba/Cabaye days.

The Premier League has a way of creating these sides that in an effort to just remain in the division offset very little in talent or excitement. Add West Ham, Burnley, Brighton, West Brom to that list

Yeah, well, try not to choke the playoffs next time.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've gradually accepted that pragmatic is the model we will follow for the forseeable whilst academy and stadium improvements are ongoing. Yes its boring but compared to administration its easy.

I'd love us to go for a Steve Cooper but Roy Hodgson will stay until somebody like Dyche or Moyes takes over as there's a lot of respect for experience here. We have another four or five years of this and those moaning on Twitter about how Roy needs to go are wasting their breath. 

Yeah, I think there is an underlying worry that if you try to be too bold with change, it may backfire and dropping to the Championship would then be a travesty for the club.

I can understand that as we've seen it happen with others but surely the club has to ask itself, what is the point in it all if there is no ambition to try and improve on what you are.

Shame because targeting the likes of Eze, Ferguson and Benrahma in the summer (even though you ballsed that one up) is a good way to go. You could have done with a Watkins type too.

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Yeah, well, try not to choke the playoffs next time.

Alright Charlie Nicholas calm down 😅 Yeah well you yeah well yeah glasses well yeah specsavers you choked the play offs Jeff.

Football “banta” aside there needs to be some incentive to at least have the dross turn into something entertaining, Blackpool might have been shit but you’d watch that side that got relegated over any of these

Waited 88 minutes for Wilson to get a chance. Knew as soon as he was in on goal we'd won the game. 4 wins all down to Wilson goals. 

Absolute hoot seeing Joelinton's scuffed shot go in off a defender. Classic. The lad worked quite well up top with Wilson to be fair. His finishing is just woeful. It's no better than what my mam could do.

Our keeper again had to be in great form. 

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Alright Charlie Nicholas calm down 😅 Yeah well you yeah well yeah glasses well yeah specsavers you choked the play offs Jeff.

Football “banta” aside there needs to be some incentive to at least have the dross turn into something entertaining, Blackpool might have been shit but you’d watch that side that got relegated over any of these

We came up with the Blackpool mindset with their Manager. It didn't work very well.

59 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Waited 88 minutes for Wilson to get a chance. Knew as soon as he was in on goal we'd won the game. 4 wins all down to Wilson goals. 

Absolute hoot seeing Joelinton's scuffed shot go in off a defender. Classic. The lad worked quite well up top with Wilson to be fair. His finishing is just woeful. It's no better than what my mam could do.

Our keeper again had to be in great form. 

When Wilson was through it was inevitable what would happen. If Guaita was better at one on one's he certainly wouldn't have signed for Palace.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I think there is an underlying worry that if you try to be too bold with change, it may backfire and dropping to the Championship would then be a travesty for the club.

I can understand that as we've seen it happen with others but surely the club has to ask itself, what is the point in it all if there is no ambition to try and improve on what you are.

Shame because targeting the likes of Eze, Ferguson and Benrahma in the summer (even though you ballsed that one up) is a good way to go. You could have done with a Watkins type too.

Funnily enough we were after Watkins for years.

The club is heading in the right direction. The Category A status for the academy should be huge given our catchment area. We have suffered with Chelsea being able to cherry pick everybody but that doesn't compensate for allowing several others to slip through the net. We didn't sign as many young players as we hoped for but the likes of Eze and Ferguson are pleasing.

At the moment we have a steady, boring pair of hands in charge of the club but he won't be here forever. Id like to see a Steve Cooper take over after Roy Hodgson but I imagine with Dougie's admiration of the old Italian style of football we will go down the route of  Sean Dyche. Either way I'm not concerned about us dropping down a divison any time soon. If anything, I'd be more confident of a top half finish before that happens.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived