• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 28th November, 2020

football forum

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think it's a foul, clumsy from Robertson. The issue I have is that they keep changing the parameters over what is a clear and obvious error. We've seen plenty of more obvious fouls that have not resulted in a penalty being given

Let’s be honest consistency in reffing is essentially impossible however annoying it is, been an issue for pretty much ever

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I think it's a foul, clumsy from Robertson. The issue I have is that they keep changing the parameters over what is a clear and obvious error. We've seen plenty of more obvious fouls that have not resulted in a penalty being given

This completely. I think it’s a foul, it’s so clumsy and we’ve actually seen a few of these sorts of fouls given this season. However as you say there as usual is no real consistency over the rules of when to intervene - do think it’s probably a pen though 

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The problem is there is no consistency ever.

West Brom should have had one at Old Trafford last week when their player got tapped on the shin by Fernandes but that was adjudged soft. No different really here. 

Personally for me, it's a sad indictment that we classify that as a foul in the first place, let alone a penalty in this day and age.

I don't want to hear about the 'technical' factor of it, we are letting the game get far too soft for my liking if we accept these coming together's as the new norm. It's actually becoming embarrassing.

• Subscriber

They abandoned the "clear and obvious" line about 3 weeks after they started using VAR because they decided they want to interfere more in pursuit of perfect consistency. They just dropped the phrase overnight, didn't announce anything because they didn't want us to notice.

Yeah, fuming. The penalty is... incredibly soft for me. Robertson's kicked him but he hasn't impeded him in any way. If that's a foul now then fine, but you're going to be giving fouls every 30 seconds. We used to say things like "you'd get given that foul in the middle of the pitch" when there was a penalty not given, but it's the other way around now. You'd never dream of giving that outside the box

As I've said above, I think the Salah offside is wrong because of where they've measured it from on the defender. Just can't see how his right foot is the furthest back part of him from that body position

As for the game, we looked completely disjointed again. We've got 3 players on the pitch who, with the best will in the world, just aren't good enough for Liverpool and an entire defence and midfield unit who've barely played together. Nothing to do with injuries though. Not one bit. I would've liked to see Henderson from the start, and thought we looked a lot better with him on, but that probably wasn't an option as he's only just come back. Difficult to question the team selection when you don't know what you can get out of certain players

• Subscriber

Can't argue the decisions because its done and dusted. Nat Phillips started shaky and got a lot better as time went on. As much as I'd like Mino to be a solution he just slowed everything down and at times was found clueless. But, he will get more gametime and I really hope he does improve. 

• The title was changed to Brighton 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 28th November, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived