talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Brighton 1-1 Liverpool - Saturday 28th November, 2020

football forum

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

WHEN WHEN DID I DISPUTE IT?  You have clearly misunderstood my post.

I clearly said people think you can only be offside with your A PART OF YOUR BODY YOU CAN SCORE WITH. Where as the rules of the game say ONLY YOUR HANDS AND ARMS CAN BE OFFSIDE. 

Well thats totally wrong so you can put it in capitals all you like.

Go and get ya head down mate ffs. 

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

You said there is a mix up because people think you can only be offside with a.part of your body you can score with - that is correct..

You then said - where in actual fact it says hands and arms ... which is incorrect.  

The rules say hands and arms it doesn't say any part of your body you can score with.

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Quick Google of 'IFAB Offside rules' says the following:

https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.

A player is not in an offside position if level with the:

• second-last opponent or
  • last two opponents

@LFCMadLad it clearly says the hands and arms are not considered. Doesn't mention shoulders

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Do something Stan please.. Hes literally as wrong as you can get and he doesn't even know it. 

What exactly can I do mate xD.

I think there's just been a massive misunderstanding and confusion about the way the post was written like @LFCMike said. And then it's been carried on and on even though both probably want to mean the same thing about body parts being offside, hands and arms not being offside cos you can't score with them, and shoulder being somewhere in there too.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

What exactly can I do mate xD.

I think there's just been a massive misunderstanding and confusion about the way the post was written like @LFCMike said. And then it's been carried on and on even though both probably want to mean the same thing about body parts being offside, hands and arms not being offside cos you can't score with them, and shoulder being somewhere in there too.

I give up, even Stan doesn't get it. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

Exactly. They are not considered. 

But you said.. Where as the rules of the game say ONLY YOUR HANDS AND ARMS CAN BE OFFSIDE. 

Ok I'll admit that was worded badly. However I would also point out that everyone else understood I had worded it badly and understood what I meant.What I meant was your arms and hands are the only part that cannot be offside. Your shoulder can be offside 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

MadLad and Gunnersaurus staking their claim for the "Next Teso and Brian Award" in the annual forum awards.

:ph34r:

I just don't get how him saying "only hands and arms can be offside" can be misunderstood? 

He did the exact same thing about a month ago ffs, and then after much of the same, he apologised and said he meant shoulder, not hands. 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ok I'll admit that was worded badly. However I would also point out that everyone else understood I had worded it badly and understood what I meant.What I meant was your arms and hands are the only part that cannot be offside. Your shoulder can be offside 

Finally. 

8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Look at football compared to rugby. Ultimate respect for the referee in rugby. Mistakes get made in rugby fans dont go around accusing the referee of being biased, they dont go around saying personal things about him. They point them out but that is it.   The fact is if we had some super computer that got every decision exactly right and 100% consistent fans would still moan. Football fans are wingers. That's my opinion.

How many rugby games have you actually been to? I’m going to guess absolutely none. 

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

How many rugby games have you actually been to? I’m going to guess absolutely none. 

I've seen plenty on tv. And I've known a lot of fans

15 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've seen plenty on tv. And I've known a lot of fans

Right, so absolutely zero experience of the match day experience surrounded by thousands of moaning twats. Just like at a football match. And that’s not an opinion. It’s a fact.

7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

So a goal that was offside would have been allowed under that system? Yeah that sounds better. :dam:

Once again, this is just moving the line. If you say that goals are allowed if they're only 5cm offside then as soon as your team concedes a goal that was 4cm offside and is allowed then scores a goal that was 6cm offside and isn't allowed, when neither goal should have counted, then it's welcome back to another 7 page thread on how we should move the line again to suit whichever team is the latest victim of the grand VAR conspiracy.

The call would be whether it was within the margin of error, in which case the lineman's original call still stands.

It would also mean that to overrule the lineman's call the offside needed to be clear and obvious as opposed to microscopic but detectable.

Archived