Kick-off 15.00

Live on BT Sport

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png      VS     Burnley_FC_badge.png

Head to Head Record
Man City - 50
Draws - 25
Burnley - 30

Last Meeting
30/09/2020 - Burnley 0-3 Man City (EFL Cup)

Last Fixture
22/06/2020 - Man City 5-0 Burnley

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even half time and 3.0 to city. This is one of the games where  whatever tactics or whatever Burnley do there is nothing they can do. City are just better.

Think that's 4 seasons on the bounce that Burnley have lost 5-0 at the Etihad.

Could be the season they eventually flush but I wouldn't be surprised if they ground out enough scrappy wins to just about stay up. I'd be quite interested to see how Dyche does if he moved to a different club.

• The title was changed to Man City 5-0 Burnley - Saturday 28th November, 2020
  • Administrator

Burnley xD 

Waste of a team in this league now. I think Dyche has taken them as far as he can. Can't see them getting Europe any time soon and are lower mid-table at the very best. Unless they change manager, I can't see them staying in PL much longer. Not that this game would have changed anything but the fact they only just won their first game of the season on Monday speaks volumes.

35 minutes ago, Stan said:

Burnley xD 

Waste of a team in this league now. I think Dyche has taken them as far as he can. Can't see them getting Europe any time soon and are lower mid-table at the very best. Unless they change manager, I can't see them staying in PL much longer. Not that this game would have changed anything but the fact they only just won their first game of the season on Monday speaks volumes.

Really?

I totally disagree, think their only hope of staying in the league is if they keep hold of Dyche. Their squad is dreadful.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Really?

I totally disagree, think their only hope of staying in the league is if they keep hold of Dyche. Their squad is dreadful.

And who's built that squad? Given they've been in the PL for so long, I don't think lack of money can be an excuse to not strengthen the squad.

Their PL finishes - 16th, 7th, 15th, 10th. 

Can obviously give them credit for the season they finished 7th and then qualified for Europe.

But other than that, 3 average (at best) seasons and nothing to show for in the cups either. Not got further than 3rd round in League Cup and 5th round in FA Cup.

They've just gone a bit stale, in my opinion. Maybe it's got to the point they're being held back by Dyche - some fresh ideas needed perhaps?

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

And who's built that squad? Given they've been in the PL for so long, I don't think lack of money can be an excuse to not strengthen the squad.

Their PL finishes - 16th, 7th, 15th, 10th. 

Can obviously give them credit for the season they finished 7th and then qualified for Europe.

But other than that, 3 average (at best) seasons and nothing to show for in the cups either. Not got further than 3rd round in League Cup and 5th round in FA Cup.

They've just gone a bit stale, in my opinion. Maybe it's got to the point they're being held back by Dyche - some fresh ideas needed perhaps?

Mate they spend far less than most in this league, Dyche has been working miracles up to this point

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Danny said:

Mate they spend far less than most in this league, Dyche has been working miracles up to this point

I wasn't saying anything opposite to this?

But where do they go from here? What's next? Do they just try and stave off relegation and get mid-table at best most seasons or do they get someone to try and take them to the next level?

I personally just find them very boring these days.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I wasn't saying anything opposite to this?

But where do they go from here? What's next? Do they just try and stave off relegation and get mid-table at best most seasons or do they get someone to try and take them to the next level?

I personally just find them very boring these days.

No but I think in Burnleys case lack of money is a good enough excuse not to spend. Pretty sure they’re one of the few clubs not owned by a stupidly rich owner (could be wrong)

I do love the fucking entitlement of bigger club fans. Leicester offered nothing to the league at one point not too long ago, how would you have felt if Arsenal and Liverpool fans were just idly chatting about how you were pointless, and that you should go down back to hell (never mind the risk of a total collapse/double relegation/administration that that brings)

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Danny said:

No but I think in Burnleys case lack of money is a good enough excuse not to spend. Pretty sure they’re one of the few clubs not owned by a stupidly rich owner (could be wrong)

My point was that they've been in the PL for 5 seasons now - they're not gonna be skint. Okay they're not minted like some of the oil clubs but let's not act like they're scraping the barrel.

• Administrator
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I do love the fucking entitlement of bigger club fans. Leicester offered nothing to the league at one point not too long ago, how would you have felt if Arsenal and Liverpool fans were just idly chatting about how you were pointless, and that you should go down back to hell (never mind the risk of a total collapse/double relegation/administration that that brings)

It happened. One Everton fan in particular was like that and thought we were boring. I've had it all my life from fans of bigger clubs that we were pointless and offer nothing so I know exactly how it feels. Man Utd & Liverpool fans at school especially. But that was over 15 years ago...

With Burnley though, if anyone can find me a few things that Burnley offer to this league then I'll happily listen. I'm all ears. 

It might come across as entitlement but it's not the intention. I'd like to think we've offered far more than some other clubs who've been in the PL longer considering we've only been back in the league since 2014 :what:?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

My point was that they've been in the PL for 5 seasons now - they're not gonna be skint. Okay they're not minted like some of the oil clubs but let's not act like they're scraping the barrel.

They've been up for a while yeah but I don't think the club as a whole can really spend much, for whatever reason. Even the first season they came up, they went back down and only spent a bit on Andre Gray and Barton

• The topic was unpinned

Archived