Kick-off 17.30

Live on Sky Sports

everton.PNG      VS      1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Everton - 32
Draws - 31
Leeds - 51

Last Meeting
25/09/2012 - Leeds 2-1 Everton (EFL Cup)

Last Fixture
28/09/2003 - Everton 4-0 Leeds

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another tricky game for us but that said, I do feel we're better suited to playing away than home. There is always more emphasis on the home side to take the game to the away team so you'd expect Everton to take a chance against us. 

Hopefully that may actually suit us more than the likes of Arsenal and Wolves who sit back. I'm optimistic of that anyway.

We deserved a win last week but the finishing let us down. Hopefully we can take some chances Saturday. I actually feel a bit of a 2-2 coming on.

• Subscriber

Trying to look at this objectively and take all optimism/pessimism out of it, I think it's perfectly set up for Leeds to nick it. I didn't watch more than the basic highlights of the Fulham game but the way the game ended up made it unconvincing from our point of view. We really struggled against Southampton who played a fast-paced game and pressed us well. I think this will be a really tricky game. On the other hand, they will struggle to deal with our attack as well, we have a lot of quality up there and they haven't always defended the best when I've watched them. Losing Digne is a massive blow to us going forward though. We seem to have scored half of our goals this season by overloading the right and working a switch from Rodriguez to Digne in space on the left. He set two up last weekend and has assisted two others in the league off the top of my head. Nkounkou has impressed going forward when he's played though so hopefully he can step up to the plate.

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Another tricky game for us but that said, I do feel we're better suited to playing away than home. There is always more emphasis on the home side to take the game to the away team so you'd expect Everton to take a chance against us. 

Hopefully that may actually suit us more than the likes of Arsenal and Wolves who sit back. I'm optimistic of that anyway.

We deserved a win last week but the finishing let us down. Hopefully we can take some chances Saturday. I actually feel a bit of a 2-2 coming on.

Just make sure they don't target your best players.. might not ever see them again :ph34r:

I feel this is an important game for Everton if they want Europe. Great start, followed by a bad run and then a shaky win versus a poor Fulham. Leeds are a decent side at their best but Everton should be looking at getting 3 points if they want Europe. Of course nothing is settled whatever happens but I feel if Everton lose or marvel even draw this it’s a sign of drifting mediocrity still there.

My god. Chance after chance. So wasteful. We should have had 3 here and I don't think there would be too many complaints.

Why, why, why Leeds...

This is going to be salt in the wound when Everton inevitably take the lead and win.

• Subscriber

Leeds playing well unsurprisingly. I'm not having the Sky narrative that they've battered us though. Extremely open game, they've edged it. 

Our major problem is Iwobi's defensive instincts at left wing back being pretty much non existent. Not his fault really. Don't really know why Nkounkou hasn't got the nod there. Sadly the only immediate solution is to put Delph on there instead or change formation.

8 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Leeds playing well unsurprisingly. I'm not having the Sky narrative that they've battered us though. Extremely open game, they've edged it. 

Our major problem is Iwobi's defensive instincts at left wing back being pretty much non existent. Not his fault really. Don't really know why Nkounkou hasn't got the nod there. Sadly the only immediate solution is to put Delph on there instead or change formation.

I think we've been better than you in terms of our Football to be perfectly honest. Really impressed with how much we pegged you back. 

The only thing I would say is it feels like you could go up a level where as I feel we're at ours now.

Having a really solid spell in this half as well. Everton don't seem to be able to get going because we're seeing most of the ball.

Just know we are going to pay for it though. It's what the established sides do up here.

• Subscriber

Just a complete lack of inspiration from us that second half. We've got a real problem where as soon as one or two key players are out, the manager has no idea what his best team is.

That said, credit has to go to Leeds. It's not like any of our players have had a particularly bad day, it was just all very 6/10 from us and they were a cut above.

Still could have gone our way if we were more clinical but the better team won.

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 Leeds - Saturday 28th November, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived