talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 0-1 Leeds - Saturday 28th November, 2020

football forum

Get in. I think there's no doubts we really deserved that. The only complaint is it could have been more. We do need to start capitalising on these opportunities and situations we get make.

Kalvin Phillips was brilliant. Without doubt the star man. His range of passing today was spot on and he started so many of the initial moves.

Great hit by Raphinha. He looks sharper as each game passes. Look's like he's got some left peg on him too, could be a great signing for us.

Feel like we probably profited with Everton missing Coleman and Digne because they never quite offered the same without them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I don't know what we really got out of playing Iwobi at left wing back. I get he played well on the other side last week but it was Fulham and on his stronger side. Again, it's not really his fault but it smacks a bit of Carlo shoe horning him into the side because he wants him to get a run of good games. While I thought Davies did pretty well on the other side, we've got a serious problem if Nkounkou and Kenny are our backups for Digne and Coleman and they weren't even on the bench, what's the point in them being at the club and why aren't they out on loan? Delph can do a job there but I can't really be arsed seeing him ahead of a young player like Nkounkou.

The bench is pretty shite as well. Bernard has a chance in him but Sigurdsson and Gomes are hardly impact players and Tosun is just pointless. We're flush with centre midfielders that you'd throw on to keep the ball and control a game but not much in the way of turning the tide.

Luckily for us, just about everyone else in the league is fluctuating about as wildly as we are so a European challenge is very much on but we have one win and four defeats in the last five now.

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 Leeds - Saturday 28th November, 2020
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Lucas said:

My god. Chance after chance. So wasteful. We should have had 3 here and I don't think there would be too many complaints.

Why, why, why Leeds...

This is going to be salt in the wound when Everton inevitably take the lead and win.

Not seen the match but from the comments above, including this one, sounded like a repeat of the game against Arsenal where chance creation was high but couldn't convert them. 

A clean sheet and 4 points against them and an in-form, free-scoring Everton is a very good outcome, though. 

You must be pretty happy so far with how the season has started...

• The topic was unpinned
4 hours ago, N U F C said:

Leeds were great.

They remind me a bit of Brighton, should probably have more points than what they have, when you actually watch them you see how good and how well coached they actually are. 

I agree, I actually do think we deserve more points on the board to match our performances. No idea how many times we have hit the woodwork this season but it's high. We must be up there for chances created too.

The finishing has been very hit and miss though and ultimately that is why we are where we are. We don't quite have that quality end product to compliment our build up. We can be extremely wasteful and we have to and be a little more calmer and composed in those situations. 

Important to remember though that Bielsa is getting the majority of these players, Championship players in essence, to perform way above their limit.

Bar two players tonight (Koch and Raphinha), the rest are all last years and the year before that team.

Incredible coaching.

Deserved that win.  Looking back at our performances we should easily have had another win (Arsenal) and two more draws (Liverpool, Wolves).  That would put us on something like 18 points.  The only games we really deserved to lose were Palace and Leicester.  Chance creation is where it's at and converting those chances will dictate where we finish in the table, not goals conceded.

Archived