talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 1-2 Wolves - Sunday 29th November, 2020

football forum

Wolves are a decent side, so let's not overreact to this result, but are Arsenal just done at the top level? Bar Aubameyang's quality, the only connection they have to the highest level is the money they bring in, but even then they've fallen to 11th in the revenue standings (across Europe) from 6th in 2017 and they're now below 5 other English clubs.

Liverpool always had a route back to the top because we just had that draw of being one of the biggest clubs in the world which attracts investment and good players/coaches, and the same is true of Manchester United today. I just don't see that with Arsenal

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Wolves are a decent side, so let's not overreact to this result, but are Arsenal just done at the top level? Bar Aubameyang's quality, the only connection they have to the highest level is the money they bring in, but even then they've fallen to 11th in the revenue standings (across Europe) from 6th in 2017 and they're now below 5 other English clubs.

Liverpool always had a route back to the top because we just had that draw of being one of the biggest clubs in the world which attracts investment and good players/coaches, and the same is true of Manchester United today. I just don't see that with Arsenal

Not sure about that. A good manager could drag Arsenal up to the top table again. They signed Partry this season who was sought after by a few clubs, so they still have a pull.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

They will always have the name and tradition but in terms of level, they pretty much sit in the same tier of clubs such as Leicester, Wolves, Everton and Southampton for me. Or what I'd call, the Europa League category. And right now, they are the worst of those sides so it's becoming tough for them to even get Thursday Night Football.

Nearly 5 years outside the Champions League, that's not a 'Big 6' side. Cannot see that changing anytime soon with thay squad, it's so poor.

Arteta inherited a really bad situation there. Gabriel and Partey will be steps in the right direction going forward.

But he's going to need at least two more transfer windows minimum to really turn that around IMO so your talking another two seasons before you'd expect to see significant improvement.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Echo whats being said here about hoping there's no long-term damage. Was reading that he's met his partner and is recovering well. I wonder if David Luiz is also getting similar scans done because if the impact was hard enough to cause a skull fracture then I'd hope both players involved are getting the necessary medical treatment for it even if there are no obvious symptoms. 

On 30/11/2020 at 16:32, Dr. Gonzo said:

Could be the end of Jiminez’s career tbh. 

Yeah its sounding more like that now. Might not be capable of heading a ball safely anymore which obviously (as you say) will probably mean his playing career is over. Such a shame, but at least there should be no lasting damage as far as his health is concerned.

Archived