• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Christmas 2020

football forum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Lying on the sofa relaxing before heading off around our daughters for a Xmas dinner, just looking at the electric fire with the fan on making an imitation glow of flames and just thinking of years gone by with an old coal & log fire at Xmas/Wintertime, not imitation heat but instant heat and warm and some places with a back boiler to heat your water and radiators up. 

I know it must have been a drag for some cleaning the fire out or walking outside to the coal bunker on a cold morning but I miss all that, how times change.

thumbnail_20201225_135158.thumb.jpg.411cdf374161752fb4d8a2630d7356a8.jpg

The good old days.

1607070971_download(1).png.1d63b65f73e373cc3f5ff2871d3aef9a.png

• Subscriber

Hope everyone's had a great day. Another reminder today for me how lucky I am to live where I do. No Covid restrictions so a pretty normal Christmas with the extended family getting together.

The only thing that's really different is a number of my younger colleagues having to travel to the UK to see family will have to self isolate for 2 weeks on their return which means the first week school goes back will be a bit weird.

My sympathies to all of you who haven't been able to celebrate this one how you'd hoped!

• Subscriber

Last nibble and a wee drink before I head off to bed, Christmas Chicken Nuggets and the last wine from a bottle drank and now quite tired, a lovely Christmas seeing our son, daughter and 3 grandsons today, enjoy the occasion everyone as it's new year next and I will tackle the whisk(e)y...hic  :hh:

thumbnail_20201225_225627.thumb.jpg.55d19e83968917572c17c1128ea0fe8f.jpg

Archived