talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Ralph Hassenhüttl

As of this second he has Saints in 3rd place, managed to turn their season around last season after that demolition they received from Leicester and managed to secure a similar points total to Pochettino, will most likely achieve the same as or more than Koeman did....which begs the question, how long do we think he stays at Southampton and where's the next possible job in the Premier League? Not forgetting either that he's previously secured a second place finish in the Bundesliga for RB Leipzig.

The play overall that his team produces is generally outstanding, very attacking, high work rate, easy to watch. I think if United were going to move away from a big name coach like Poch then he could be a good option, United are used to watching Southampton outplay them.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

As of this second he has Saints in 3rd place, managed to turn their season around last season after that demolition they received from Leicester and managed to secure a similar points total to Pochettino, will most likely achieve the same as or more than Koeman did....which begs the question, how long do we think he stays at Southampton and where's the next possible job in the Premier League? Not forgetting either that he's previously secured a second place finish in the Bundesliga for RB Leipzig.

The play overall that his team produces is generally outstanding, very attacking, high work rate, easy to watch. I think if United were going to move away from a big name coach like Poch then he could be a good option, United are used to watching Southampton outplay them.

The quickest 'this didn't age well' seen on this forum.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

NO FUN IS TO BE HAD HERE STANLEY THIS IS A FORUM FOR IMPORTANT DISCUSSION

Haha 

To be fair he deserves all credit due after the 9-0 game. They picked up more points for the rest of the season than us. No doubt plenty of other managers might not have lasted such a destroyal but they clearly had enough faith in him to get it back together again.

Like you I think he could be picked up by Utd if they get rid of Solskjaer at any point in the next 6 months. 

They are quite organised and set up quite well. I'd say their defence can let them down at times. Midfield is competent and attack is decent when Ings is around. They seem to have an air of efficiency about them and instilled in them by Hassenhuttl.

I can't see the likes of United, Chelsea and Arsenal being any worse off had they appointed him. With Poch, Allegri etc available i think he will have to wait longer for an opportunity. That may not be a bad thing as a lot of top clubs look like poison chalices for the next Manager given the rebuilding phases they're undergoing.

• Subscriber

Put some Respek on hiz name. 

He’s doing a fantastic job, let’s see come the end of the season whether they’ve consistently performed the way they are at the moment.

It’s a shame for Southampton as just like all their best players, they will end up losing him. 

• 4 months later...

Since posting this topic Saints have won 5 league games in 22 and currently sit 3 points above the drop zone.

Fair to say that Solskjaer had nothing to worry about when his name was being mentioned xD

I feel like when you look at this Southampton team outside of Danny Ings and James Ward-Prowse there isn't really a lot of quality there, not compared to some of the teams they've had in the recent past. Which is why it's been really impressive to see the heights he's taken this team too, but also I think there's a lot of mediocrity in there rather than bad players but he's now got them performing at bad levels.

You look at their recent transfers and nothing really sticks out as great business

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Danny said:

Since posting this topic Saints have won 5 league games in 22 and currently sit 3 points above the drop zone.

Fair to say that Solskjaer had nothing to worry about when his name was being mentioned xD

I feel like when you look at this Southampton team outside of Danny Ings and James Ward-Prowse there isn't really a lot of quality there, not compared to some of the teams they've had in the recent past. Which is why it's been really impressive to see the heights he's taken this team too, but also I think there's a lot of mediocrity in there rather than bad players but he's now got them performing at bad levels.

You look at their recent transfers and nothing really sticks out as great business

I definitely jinxed them xD

He is a good manager, their squad is quite ordinary though, as you say. 

I expect to see him in better jobs in the future.

3 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

I definitely jinxed them xD

He is a good manager, their squad is quite ordinary though, as you say. 

I expect to see him in better jobs in the future.

It is ordinary and yeah he is a good manager, but clearly has a problem with consistency as what you want from a good manager is someone who can lift a team above their skill level.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

They just need Liverpool to shoot a 50,000,000 pound load their way next summer.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Hassenhuttl is the managerial equivalent of those clubs who circle the bowl for about 5 seasons before they finally get relegated in their own sweet time.

You might even say those clubs hire managers like Hassenhuttl

58 minutes ago, Devil said:

Personally think he's overarching with a Championship side. It's been that case for about three years.

He's a better coach than he's getting credit for.

This. The budget he has to deal with, along with his team getting regularly picked off by other clubs, it’s a wonder they haven’t flushed by now. 

5 minutes ago, Rick said:

This. The budget he has to deal with, along with his team getting regularly picked off by other clubs, it’s a wonder they haven’t flushed by now. 

They've had periods where they've been a Championship side but he somehow finds a solution and puts a good run together.

Archived